Author Topic: Rogers & Connolly - New York  (Read 3033 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Rogers & Connolly - New York
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 07 March 19 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Oh wow - this is fantastic  ;D Yep, I definitely have questions - and I will try and answer the ones you have as well. You have to make 2 more posts so we can pm, and I'll pm you my e-mail.

I have a lot done on her family in Ireland but barely anything about her life in America. Her father was my great-great grandfather..her father was Richard Grant, and mother was Jane Stephens.

Regards,
Ann-Marie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline Scottbklyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 07 March 19 19:52 GMT (UK) »
What a fantastic journey this has been! It began when my father passed away in 2012 and in going through his papers, my sister and I found Johanna's Irish passport-still in the original envelope that it was mailed in. From there, we were able to locate the census records of the Grant family.

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 07 March 19 20:03 GMT (UK) »
This is absolutely amazing, and I love the journey that researching my family tree has bought me on. I've only a bare amount about Johanna and her family, so I'm looking forward to swapping information. If you comment on this post, I can pm
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline Scottbklyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 07 March 19 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Joseph Ormond was the superintendent of an apartment building on Woodruff Avenue in Brooklyn, New York for many years. Johanna was the sweetest grandmother in the world and I miss her to this day. We know very little about her time in Ireland, however. We do know that Joseph took part in the War of Independence and was involved in the Newtown Cross ambush on July 2, 1920. Looking forward to hearing from you again :-)

Sincerely,
Scott

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 07 March 19 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Annie - Delighted you have found Joanna - i see on the  1930 census and U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index for Bridget Anne Ormond/Hagstrom she went under Anna. 1940 census Hannah -  :-\  How many combinations did we search under  ;)

So pleased for you  ;) Have the death notice for Johanna Ormond if you need it for your records.

Daily News  (New York, New York) 27 Sep 1972, Wed  -  Other Editions  -  Page 88

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada