Author Topic: Reading this book  (Read 846 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Reading this book
« on: Monday 02 July 18 14:25 BST (UK) »
Hello,

This is the book: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=HOdMAQAAMAAJ&q=boon+of+snailwell&dq=boon+of+snailwell&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjr_6nrv4DcAhVPzaQKHb5IAgMQ6AEIKTAA

Frustratingly, it contains some reference to the marriage on page 33 of a 'Thos. Boon of Snailwell', but I cannot view the book because it is a snippet view. Can anyone find a copy anywhere that is viewable online? The book is entitled 'The Publications of the Harleian Society, Volume 69' and is from 1918.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Reading this book
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 July 18 14:34 BST (UK) »
I found a way! Thomas Boon and Martha Sheldrake, married in 1694. Exactly what I was looking for. Can anyone find any christenings for them in Snailwell?
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,

This book is available in full and for free on archive.org - as are many other books no shown
In full on google books.

Direct acces to your entry.

https://archive.org/stream/allegationsforma69copy2chur#page/33/mode/1up/search/Boon

Spendlove
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 11:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks!

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

You will note from marriage details that Thomas Boon was single but Martha was a widow.

FMPast has info on a marriage licence for this couple, in collection of Cambridge Ely Diocsis Marriage
Licences dated 26 April 1694.  This is a transcript only, obtaining copy of original may give additional information.

There is also Bpt of a son Thomas Boone son of Thomas & Martha Boone Bpt 9.6.1698 at Snailwell
Again only a transcript so you would have to check.

Just clues but they may help
Spendlove
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 12:45 BST (UK) »
I've noted all that down, thanks. Can Martha's first marriage be found? Or burials/christenings for the two?