Author Topic: Robert Walker and Robert Lane  (Read 1266 times)

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Robert Walker and Robert Lane
« on: Tuesday 09 August 05 11:41 BST (UK) »
Two printers in Norwich.  Seeking information on probable association - Walker an apprentice, perhaps, to Lane, or in partnership early 19th century.  Have many census details of Walker from subsequent years but Lane, maybe, gone before 1841.  Both printing in 1820; some evidence that Lane printing before that, perhaps even as early as 1780...certainly an eighteenth century birth.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline Robert Coble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • crazy !!!! Crazy !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Walker and Robert Lane
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 October 05 07:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob, :D
the Walker where are they I am doing some walker family tree can you tell where your walker are from  ;)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Coble or Covell, Coule Australia, Canada, USA  @ England.
Barker Australia @ England
Walker Australia, England @ South America.
Bristol Australia @ England.
Nash Australia @ England.

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 October 05 10:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks to Robert Coble for your reply to my initial query...

My Walker information is from street directories: Pigott 1830, White 1845, Mason 1852,
Craven & Co. 1856 and Harrod & Co. 1868 which establish Robert Walker's presence as printer in Norwich.  In addition he is found in the 1851 and 1861 censuses.

My concern at the moment is with his apparent relationship with Robert Lane (Rush's street directory 1819 has him) who printed out of Bridewell Alley, Norwich and with whom Robert Walker issued text.  However, both Lane and Walker issued separate text on Queen Caroline, around 1820-1821.  So - was Walker initially apprenticed to Lane or was this just a commercial association?

And, for that matter, what else do we know about Lane?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline Robert Coble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • crazy !!!! Crazy !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 October 05 13:50 BST (UK) »
Roly, I am doing Walker now from England a Josiah Henry Walke that married Clarissa Balsam Pocock of Northhampton back into Australia my web is www.williamcoble.org/cms if you like to look at the walkers and let me if any of the walkers you might be after ok.
Cheers from Australia
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Coble or Covell, Coule Australia, Canada, USA  @ England.
Barker Australia @ England
Walker Australia, England @ South America.
Bristol Australia @ England.
Nash Australia @ England.

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
W. Watt and Frank Miles
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 October 05 09:38 BST (UK) »
Looking for dates for Watt (for murder) and Miles (murdered his wife) who both went for trial in Norwich.

roly