Author Topic: Wilsher blood line, Nottingham, Joseph Wilsher  (Read 35418 times)

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilsher blood line, Nottingham, Joseph Wilsher
« Reply #108 on: Saturday 16 March 19 22:32 GMT (UK) »
theres Spencer as in Spencers, and Walter, and Brampton, the Fiar Ground is the Bold Rodney Ground, they had the Fair just over the road to, i have many records of the Woodwards, i dont know who they are thoe, they are related to more Gipsies, in the end everyone is related to everyone the stupid educated folk of the past done everyones head in and made most today like them 

1911 Census-Fair Ground Brampton Chesterfield
Sarah Smith-Age 28
Florence Ann Woodward-Age 15
Selina Woodward-Age 12
Joseph Wiltshire-Age 69
Ryah Wiltshire-Age 60
Joseph Wiltshire-Age 42
Joseph Wiltshire-Age 26
Tom Wiltshire-Age 40
Fred Wiltshire-Age 38
Frank Wiltshire-Age 36
Henry Wiltshire-Age 34
Jim Wiltshire-Age 32 (James Wiltshire)
Billy Wiltshire-Age 30 ( William Wiltshire)
Walter Wiltshire-Age 28
Henry Wiltshire-Age 26
Emma Wiltshire-Age 24
William Smith-Age 26
Madaline Smith-Age 29
Mareny Smith
John Smith-Age 30
Leanor Smith-Age23
Spencer Smith

my Arnt was called Ria like the name above,

1911* Address 3 H 1 Court Bard st Park Sheffield Yorkshire
Wilsher William Head married 35  pedlar salesman born Yorkshire   
Wilsher Maria  Wife married 34  pedlar salesman born Corn in Hull 
Wilsher Rebecca Daughter 14 born Sheffield Yorkshire 
Wilsher William 12  school born Sheffield Yorkshire

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Saturday 16 March 19 22:35 GMT (UK) »
 The Rodney Yard Brampton near Chesterfield is one of the old stopping Grounds where lots of my Mothers Relatives passed through over many years of travel, it as long since gone but by using the maps online it is easily found, if you go back in the posts I have wrote you will find more information, Rodney Yard the Peoples and their Story's must be remembered and preserved for the future Generations, i never new of this place nor did I ever hear my Mother say She new, then one day I found it, I to have found many interesting story's of the history and the Peoples that connect in many ways to Brampton, I know I said I was going to write a great account up of these times and People but I will just put up now my last words for another Person in this time or the future to do a far more in-depth analytical research that will help all the Relatives connected to the story's of Brampton,

if you go back many pages in this thread I talk of the Bold Rodney Public House, there is a Great Yard at the back of this Pub, this became a place that Gipsies who like the Wiltshire's who roamed over several Counties  temporally used as a place to keep their Caravans, this yard in time became to, a sort of a settled community to all types of Hawkers and People, some of the times are of great sadness, others, well Gipsies I have found somehow possess in their life the Greatest of humour,
this place is rich in history, you can find the People I write about well back into the 1800s, and forwards to the 1920s, there to are many Big Names and story's of People like the Lees and Smiths who stopped there, I found true story's to of the Woodward's and Wiltshire's, there is much to learn from the story of Brampton, I was told the new building on the site of the old yard were erected in the 1990s, I would like Someone one day to research this place, I was going to do this but now leave it to you, I know you can do it,

I found and have spoken to People who lived and grew up around this place and through my research on the internet and oral history of this time in researching I have found there were several things that all came together to make Brampton the hub for the Gipsies over hundreds of years,
this in what I am telling you is just an outline and a start for your Great Research,

in the fields around Brampton there is a very special clay that was dug from the earth to make pots, mugs bowls and the like, it was renowned for its looks as the unique Chesterfield Earthenware, also there was an abundance of local coal that was next to the clay fields, they the People of Chesterfield then made many many places to make pots, also there were natural waterways that ran through this place that provided the water needed in the process of manufacture of the pots than intern were fired in the kilns, it was a special place where everything in nature came together to create this hub, a place Gipsies found and exploited, I have found much information about the history of clay, coal , waterways and all the peoples, the Gipsies were one of those Peoples, I do know some of you on rootschat have spoken of not all pot dealers are Gipsies, I to have found your research to be true

I remember how the Great Men I found in the 1700s the Herons and the Boswells, and how the Boswell Man said of Himself He was a Man who went about the Country selling mugs, I have researched and read much up of the history of Scotland over hundreds of years, through this research long ago Gipsies became known as Muggers for being People who sell pots and mugs,  then down through the years it became a bad name to be called a Mugger, but really the very old Gipsies were the Muggers for it was them who sold the mugs and pots, I have read Great information about the times that supports this from long ago, it was none Gipsies who called the Old Gipsies muggers, then years later mugger became a rallying cry for others to say you dirty muggers are not real Gipsies, I think through my research people alive now have been influenced by the wrong teachings of others, this is my view through reading the old accounts of the greatest of minds and writers, unknown to many and who's words of history are hidden in dusty papers and silenced, so Brampton its story's and history, may be used as an example, these storys will be replicated around Britain, you will find your People, you will find their history, many many Horses and trades were needed in the history of Brampton, I have found so much, but I will leave it for you, I respect all the Gipsies who passed through that place, I also hope this is just the start for the true story of their life to be told in an honest way, I am just summarising the many thousands of words I was going to write, there is so much more, I will summarise my other researches soon and then I will trouble you no more, try not to pick at my words but use them as a starting point

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjTwv3u9rzSAhUiJcAKHaIFCMEQFggoMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mernick.org.uk%2FBrownJugs%2FBrampton%2FBrampton.htm&usg=AFQjCNGiZeMxMJ36YsM0a8Iejut9bipcRQ

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjV3vCb8bzSAhUsKsAKHXddBlcQFgghMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.picturethepast.org.uk%2Ffrontend.php%3Fkeywords%3DRef_No_increment%3BEQUALS%3BDCCC001305%26pos%3D2%26action%3Dzoom&usg=AFQjCNEZCC6LSpc_KlHw8I6Tk2osDYAazA

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Sunday 17 March 19 08:07 GMT (UK) »
Below is more of the research Sue found, you talk of the Allens as relations well there they are with the Knights, i have located some of the old grounds where they used to stop at, the Knights are a mystrey, everyone is, whoever cracks the code of all these families will have todo a lot of work, you never rearly hear anyone mention any of the names we talk about yet when you check the records i find and census reports Sue as found you think the story is just beginning, the Knights Allens Woodwards Wilshers Holmes Elliotts Heapes, and more well they seem to have a big history, you do hear a lot about the Elliotts, its a great name, i like the ring to it, and i will put a link on to the Heapes from the Gypsy Genealogy web site

Name David ALLEN
Relation Head Marital Status M Gender Male Age 42
Birthplace pworth, Lincoln, England
Occupation Hawker In Earthenware
Name Harriett ALLEN
Relation Wife Marital Status M Gender Female Age 33
Birthplace Sheffield, York, England
Occupation Hawkers Wife
Name George ALLEN
Relation Son Gender Male Age 9
Birthplace Dronfield, Derby, England
Occupation Assistant Hawker
Name James ALLEN
Relation Son Gender Male Age 5
Birthplace Glossop, Derby, England
Name James KNIGHT
Relation Relative Marital Status U Gender Male Age 19
Birthplace Sheffield, York, England
Occupation Hawker
Dwelling Radford Marsh Caravan Census Place Lenton, Nottingham, England

I have read that Radford derived its name of the "red ford" from the Mottled Bed Sandstone in the high cliffs, where the Alfreton Road crossed the Leen by a ford.   
https://maps.nls.uk/view/101603268

when you go on this link above just click on the blue message in the right corner and the old map will come up showing you RadfordMarsh, it allows you to zoom in to.

There was an Old way from Lenton to Radford the Marsh Road or Radford Marsh.  Radford used to be in the priory of Lenton so sometimes Radford is talked about as Lenton in the Old writings, in the early 1900s i think it was then that the name changed to Faraday Road where the Worled famouse Raleigh bikes were made, now in this time next to this Road is a new housing estate, the road named as Radmarsh Road, i think from what i have read from many Old refferances there was once an Old Camping Ground at Radford, in the Fields around the area known as Radford Marsh. Another bit of information for others is that there was an Old Lane known as Outgang Lane. Outgang Lane is wrote about in 1488  known as the Outgoinges of Radford and Lenton leading North toward the Linges, the Lings was the Old name of the Forest, meaning where the heather grew, so look out in the census or other records for names like Radford Marsh or Outgang Lane.

ps...you must be careful with records though, there always telling lies

Daily Gazette for Middlesbrough Thursday 2 December 1915

TRACED BY FINGER PRINTS-Charges preferred at Stockton to-day against James Allen 22, John Boswell 22, and also James Smith 21. The defendants were further charged under the Aliens Restriction Act. On enquiries being made to Scotland Yard it was found that Allen’s proper name was Lowther, Smiths real name was Wilshaw, and Boswell was Wilkinson. Defendants were natives of Sheffield and were strangers to the Town; they had very bad Police records.

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Sunday 17 March 19 08:25 GMT (UK) »
This is more from Radford

Nottinghamshire Guardian-Thursday 10 January 1861

Shire Hall,  Nottingham.

Sat.-(Before R Birkin, S.B.Wild, W. Needam, and  W.Hannay, Esqs.)

Radford. Life in the Gipsy Camp.-A gipsy named John Gray, of sombre cast of contenance, appeared in answer to a charge of assaulting a woman named Charlotte Hammond, whom he had espoused in conformity with “the marriage laws and customs of gisydom.” The complainant, a fortune-teller by profession, stated that on Tuesday night, the defendant struck her and injured her very much about the head, she was living with him at Radford at the time of the assault. The defendant commenced beating the woman’s daughter very violently,  wherest the complainant became irritated and declared she would not stand by to see him brutally ill-treat her own child in that manner. The complainant gave satisfactory proof of defendant’s ill-usage, and said he had behaved to her like a demon. He denied the charge, but the bench placed to much reliance on the woman’s testimony to doubt that considerable violence had been inflicted upon her, and the defendant was fined 16s, 6d. Including expenses.

Nottingham Journal Monday 7Jauary 1861

Disturbance among the Gipsies.

John Gray was charged with threatening language to Charlotte Hammond, on Tuesday evening last, at Radford. The parties were of the gipsy tribe, and during the disturbance one with another in their camp, the defendant threatened to murder complainant. After hearing the case, the magistrate ordered the defendant to be bound over in his own recognizances to keep the peace towards the complainant for six months. And to pay the expenses, amounting to 16s, 6d.

Katherine  Briggs  Dictionary of British Folk Tales in the English Language, Taylor Francis, 1991.   
  Reuben  Gray, Gus Gray  Old  Radford,  Nottingham. 

Sunday 26th November, 1815 St. Peters  Baptized Mary Ann Boswell -Zecharias - Sarah Boswell Radford Nottingham

Nottingham Journal Tuesday 22 March Nottinghamshire Guardian Friday 25 March 1881 extracts

John Boswell a gipsy was charged with cruelty to a horse,-Sergeant Aldridge met the prisoner at Fawcett Street Radford, he was in charge of a horse attached to a van laden with tents and other things with which he travelled with, prisoner said he was on the way to Retford

Retford is where a Wiltshire married a Heapes, there are many of the Elliotts around there to

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Sunday 17 March 19 08:34 GMT (UK) »
 the article above about Charlotte Hammond and John Gray is I think, related to the article I am about to show you, the Shire Hall is next to St Marys overlooking the old Narrow Marshes, you can now visit the Shire Hall and go into the same cells as they were remanded to, plus you may also go in the very same court room where the accounts I write of took place, the Shire Hall is now called the Galleries of Justice, it’s a museum, I walk in a City of many ghosts, everywhere I know and go was once walked and known by the Peoples I write about, there everywhere   
http://www.galleriesofjustice.com/
click on this link above to learn of the Old ShireHall now the Galleries of Justice Museum

Nottinghamshire Guardian Thursday 21 October 1858

The  Zingari.—A  curious  scene transpired at the ShireHall on Saturday last. An athletic fellow, standing very little short of six feet, named John Gray, was charged before the right hon. Lord Belper, and a full Bench of Magistrates, with assaulting Levina Lee, another member of the Zingari or Gipsy tribe. The complainant stated that Gray, who had been in their camp three yeares, had been reproved for walking out at night with her sister, and in consequence of this he attacked Levina and lacerated her arm. Witness showed several marks of blows, and ges-ticulated violently. It appeared from the evidence of another witness who was called, that Gray had grasp of a bill hook in his hand and threatened to do murder with it, is menaces being directed towards Levina Lee. Gray prayed the Magistrates to remand him till Saturday in order to bring witnesses for his defence, which was accordingly done.-Vashti Lee, the sister who had been the cause of all this violence, was then put in the dock on a charge pre-ferred by her own mother of stealing a valuable ring. She had the aquiline nose, chiselled features, and expressive face, which are generally the characteristics of this wander-ing race; dressed with great taste, wearing a feathered hat. Her mother said she was her own child, adding with some feeling, I would not hurt she. The Bench, who appeared to be greatly interested in the case, demanded the particulars, which the old woman declined to give, repeat-ing, she my own child, I would not hurt she. The daughter then gave an account of how she became possessed of the jewel. It originally belonged to her grandmother, whom she tended in her last sickness, but no one was present at her death. She left no will, dying in the middle of the night. The ring was pledged at pawnbrokers in Lincoln, and redeemed by herself, for 8s.6d. As com-plainant declined to press the charge, she was set at liberty, and the mother demanded the ring. My ring, no gentle-men my ring if you please, my ring! Exclaimed the black eyed daughter; and as it was handed to her at the noble Chairman’s request, she burst into tears, and shaking her finger at her mother, said you want to punish me, but  ya can’t. Never mind Vashti, never mind, exclaimed the rebating voice of her dark adorer as he was conveyed to his remanded cell.

then I just looked on RootsChat Archives and have been reading through this thread, once again I don't know who is who, I was only looking for camp sites round Nottingham, but you never know some of the information contained in the stories I write about may be of help in your research    http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=332980.0

Nottingham shire Guardian Thursday 28 October 1858

The Gipsy Again- At the ShireHall, on Saturday last, John Gray was charged on remand with assaulting Levina Lee, who did not appear in support of the charge. He had been a prisoner a week on this accusation, having requested the Magistrates to remand him for that period in order to procure witnesses for the defence. Another charge was also made against him-that of breaking the peace in an assault upon Jacob Kirk, with a bill hook, at Bulwell, on Friday week, but the complainant appeared and said he did not wish to press the charge, but merely sought to have the prisoner bound over. As he did not enter into the particulars, the bench said Gray would be dismissed on promising not to offend again.- Gipsy; I will. I'll say nothing to him no more. I don't blame dis gentleman.-Lord Belper: There is 12s. to pay-Gray said he had not got the money, but his mother, a wizened frightful- looking old jade, came forwards and produced a sovereign from the inner folds of a vile dirty handkerchief, and the prisoner was then discharged.

ps, Bulwell is just past Basford, Basford is next to Radford, Hucknall comes after Bulwell, Hucknall is the Boswells land, remember all these places, plus Arnold, they will assist you in your search
I did find in the Nottingham Evening Post, Friday 20 January 1893 another Vashti, She was living or staying at 1 Bailey-Street Old Basford, and was a Fortune-teller, She was  known as Vashti Butler-Gipsy, I think She was of the famous Derbyshire Boswells,

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Sunday 17 March 19 08:42 GMT (UK) »
below is the story of Young Moses Holmes, my Mother spoke well of the Holmes with Great Respect
and then i will put on more of the census reports that Sue found, She wrote all the writings on the Romany Genes web site and once wrote a big article about the Herons, Hearns for the Romany Family Society.

Nottinghamshire Guardian -Thursday 16 May 1861

Moses Holmes, a young urchin of the gipsy tribe, and twelve years' of age, was charged by phillip scarborough, gamekeeper, with having stolen that morning, at the parish of Sutton- in Ashfield, stolen 14lbs: weight of bones from a field in the occupation of sarah bagshaw. committed for one months hard labour in Southwell house of correction.

all writing below is again from Sue

Will post what i have saved most is in order   some may be random
1871*Attercliffe cum Darnall/Christchurch-Yorkshire
William Wilshire   50 B Bineton, Lincolnshire Widower Chairbottomer
-----------------------
1861*Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire
Alfred Heaps abt 1836 Snelston, DerbyshireHead/ Hawker
Ellen Heaps abt 1841 Lincoln, LincolnshireWife
Alfred Heaps abt 1868 Varions, DerbyshireSon
Eliza Heaps abt 1861 Varions, DerbyshireDaughter
Emma Heaps abt 1863 Varions, Derbyshire Daughter
Henry Heaps abt 1867 Varions, Derbyshire Son
Jane Heaps abt 1858 Daughter
Mary Ann Heaps abt 1860 Varions, Derbyshire Daughter
Selena Heaps abt 1869 Varions, DerbyshireDaughter
/////////////////////////
Joseph Wilshaw 24 hd b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Jane Wilshaw 26 b b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Mary A Wilshaw 3 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Frederick Wilshaw 1 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
///////
William Holmes 45 hd b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Jane Holmes 29 wife b Barnsley, Yorkshire
Issac Wiltshire 40 lodger b Wombwell, Derbyshire
////////
John Wilshaw 37 hd b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Mary Wilshaw 38 wife b Sheffield, Yorkshire
James Wilshaw 11 son b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Sarah A Wilshaw 8 dau b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Herbert Wilshaw 3 son b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Emily Wilshaw 8 Mo dau b Sheffield, Yorkshire
1871*Longdon-   Staffordshire(Other hawkers on page including Heaps)
Joseph Wilshaw   35  b Notts Nottinghamshire hawker
Maria Wilshaw   30 b Wath, Yorkshire hawker
Joseph Wilshaw   6
Thomas Wilshaw   4
Fred Wilshaw   1
----------------------------------------------------------------

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Sunday 17 March 19 08:44 GMT (UK) »
1881*Brightside Bierlow, Yorkshire=Street address:19 Slancer St
Joseph Willshaw   37 hawker
Maria Willshaw   32 hawker b Sheffield
Joseph Willshaw   15
Tom Willshaw   14
Fred Willshaw   9
Tim Willshaw   6
William Willshaw   3
Infant Willshaw   
-----------------------------------------------------
1891*
Joseph Welshaw   49 Peddler/Hawker b Ackworth, Yorkshire
Maria Welshaw   42 wife b Sheffield
Jim Welshaw   16
Bill Welshaw   13   All said b Sheffield*
Walter Welshaw   11
Emma Welshaw   6
Henry Welshaw   4
-----------------------------
1901: CENSUS* INDEXED AS WILT-SHAW SO DOUBLE BARRELLED!!!
.Nottinghamshire, England Civil parish: Pleasley Ecclesiastical parish: Shirebrook Holy Trinity Town: Shirebrook County/Island: Derbyshire Country:
* Lots there in caravans:+
William Wilt Shaw 21 B Woodsetts, Derbyshire pot hawker
Maria R Wilt Shaw 20 Hul Yorkshire
Rebecca Wilt Shaw 4 Sheffield, Yorkshire
William Wilt Shaw 2 b Notinghamshire
Thomas Wilt Shaw 37 b Sheffield, Yorkshire 27 hawker
Margaret Wilt Shaw 20 wife b South Pool, Yorkshire image i think 30?
Emma Willt Shaw 2 months b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Harriett Wilt Shaw 10 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Julia Wilt Shaw 2 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Margaret Wilt Shaw 5 b Nottinghamshire,
Mathilda Wilt Shaw 11 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Thomas Wilt Shaw 7 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
---------------------------------------------
Knight may be related?
Alfred Tyler 35 trav pot higgler b Leics
Lucy Tyler 29 wife b Swadlincote, Derbyshire
Walter Knight 33 coal miner b Romsley, Worcestershire
Martha Knight 32 b Brampton, Derbyshire
Ada Knight 2 b Shirebrook, Derbyshire
Leonard Knight 3 months b Shirebrook, Derbyshire
Mary Knight 5 b Brampton, Derbyshire
Robert B Knight 12 b Brampton, Derbyshire
William Knight 8 b Brampton, Derbyshire
Joseph Wilt Shaw 56 B Darrington, Yorkshire ( THIS IS HIS DAD?)
Maria H OR k ?.57 wife b Bolsover, Derbyshire
Emma dau 18 BWoodsetts, Derbyshire
Henry 16 SON B Woodsetts, Derbyshire
MARRIAGE 1864 ROTHERHAM JOSEPH WILSHAW WED MARIA KNIGHT

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Sunday 17 March 19 08:46 GMT (UK) »
---------------------------------------------------------
ARE THESE THE SAME JOSEPH?
1861*
1861*Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire
Joseph Wilshaw 24 hd b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Jane Wilshaw 26 b b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Mary A Wilshaw 3 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Frederick Wilshaw 1 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
///////
William Holmes 45 hd b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Jane Holmes 29 wife b Barnsley, Yorkshire
Issac Wiltshire 40 lodger b Wombwell, Derbyshire
////////
John Wilshaw 37 hd b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Mary Wilshaw 38 wife b Sheffield, Yorkshire
James Wilshaw 11 son b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Sarah A Wilshaw 8 dau b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Herbert Wilshaw 3 son b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Emily Wilshaw 8 Mo dau b Sheffield, Yorkshire

1871* Longdon, Staffordshire (SLEPT IN FIELD IN CARAVANS)
Joseph Wilshaw 35 b Notts, Nottinghamshire Hawker
Maria Wilshaw 30 b Wath, Yorkshire Hawker
Joseph Wilshaw 6 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Thomas Wilshaw 4 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Fred Wilshaw 1b Sheffield, Yorkshire
///////////
Alfred Heaps abt 1836 Snelston, DerbyshireHead/ Hawker
Alfred Heaps abt 1868 Varions, DerbyshireSon
Eliza Heaps abt 1861 Varions, DerbyshireDaughter
Emma Heaps abt 1863 Varions, Derbyshire Daughter
Henry Heaps abt 1867 Varions, Derbyshire Son
Jane Heaps abt 1858 Daughter
Mary Ann Heaps abt 1860 Varions, Derbyshire Daughter
Selena Heaps abt 1869 Varions, DerbyshireDaughter
///////
David Allen abt 1841 Hepworth Lincolnshire Head Hawker
Elizabeth Allen abt 1863 Sheffield Yorkshire Daughter
Harriett Allen abt 1845 Sheffield Yorkshire Wife
Henry Allen abt 1860 Sheffield Yorkshire Son
/
=============================================
1881*Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire
Joseph Wilshaw abt 1837 Sheffield YorkshireHead Razor hatter?
Jane Wilshaw abt 1836 Sheffield YorkshireWife
Mary A. Wilshaw abt 1858 Sheffield YorkshireDaughter
Charles Wilshaw abt 1875 Sheffield, YorkshireSon
Isaac Wilshaw abt 1866 Sheffield, Yorkshire Son
James Wilshaw abt 1868 Sheffield, Yorkshire Son
Percy Wilshaw abt 1880 Sheffield Yorkshire Grandson
Samuel Wilshaw abt 1873 Sheffield Yorkshire Son
Sarah J. Wilshaw abt 1862 Sheffield Yorkshire Daughter

~~~~~~~~---------
1891*Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire
Joseph Wilshaw 54 b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Jane Wilshaw 56 b Sheffield, Yorkshire wife
Isaac Wilshaw 25 Son
James Wilshaw 23 Son b Sheffield
Samuel Wilshaw 18 Son b Sheffield
Charles Wilshaw 16 Son b Sheffield
Percy Wilshaw 11 g/son b Sheffield, Yorkshire
Fanny Farebrother 15 servant
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1901*Yorkshire.Ecclesall
Joseph Wilshaw 64 RAZOR GRINDERB Sheffield
Mary S Wilshaw 51 WIFE B Sheffield
Arthur C Middleton 20 step son b Liverpool, Lancashire
Percy Wilshaw 21 GRAND/SON B Sheffield
This is the Percy above I think in 1911 as right age and birth place?
WILSHAW, Samuel  Head   Married15 years 38 1873    Insurance Agent    Sheffield Yorkshire   
WILSHAW, Florence Wife Married     36 1875    Sheffield Yorkshire   
WILSHAW, Percy Nephew Single    31 1880    Razor Hafter    Sheffield Yorkshire   
WILSHAW, Joseph Son    Single    6 1905       Sheffield Yorkshire   
WILSHAW, Reginald    Son    4 1907       Sheffield Yorkshire   
LEACH, Ivy Guardian    Single    8 1903    Sheffield Yorkshire   

Registration District:Ecclesall Bierlow Sub District:Sharrow Enumeration District:
Address:18 Salmon Street Sheffield Yorkshire England County:Yorkshire (West riding)

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Sunday 17 March 19 08:47 GMT (UK) »

People not in houses*
1861*Pontefract, Yorkshire
William Willshaw      abt 1811  Longbillington, Nottinghamshire, Head  Tinner & Brazier       
Lidia Willshaw     abt 1812    Codbrough, Nottinghamshire,     Wife     
Joseph Willshaw    abt 1846    Darrington, Yorkshire   Son
Lidia Willshaw     abt 1848    Lincoln, Lincolnshire    Daughter   
Walter Nelson *   abt 1829    Scotland    Son-in-Law       
Lotis Nelson      abt 1829    Stowe, Lincolnshire,    Daughter   
Henry Nelson     abt 1853    Wakefield, Yorkshire,     Grandson     
George Nelson     abt 1854    Wakefield, Yorkshire,    Grandson   
Harriet Nelson     abt 1856    Carlton, Yorkshire,   Granddaughter     
Mary Nelson     abt 1858    Pontefract, Yorkshire,    Granddaughter     
//
William Blewitt    abt 1809 widow   Stamford, Lincolnshire,    Head    tinner & Brazier
Sarah Blewitt    abt 1837 widow   London, Middlesex,   Daughter-in-Law     
Valuza Blewitt     abt 1856    York, Yorkshire, England    Granddaughter     
Enis Blewitt    abt 1860    Hull, Yorkshire, England           
//
John Lee     abt 1797    Woodbridge, Suffolk,   Head   
Charlott Lee    abt 1791    Woodbridge, Suffolk,     Wife   
Tenna Lee     abt 1834    Livingston, Norfolk, Daughter   
Mary Boss    abt 1791    Farnham, Suffolk,  Widow     
John Phillips    abt 1832    Thorne, Yorkshire Tinner & Brazier
1861**Town: Pontefract (People sleeping in Tents)
County/Island: Yorkshire
William Willshaw 50 hd Tinner and Brazier
Lidia Willshaw 49 wife
Joseph Willshaw 15 son
Lidia Willshaw 13 dau
Walter Nelson 32 son in law born SCOTLAND **
Lotis Nelson 32 dau
Henry Nelson 8 g son
George Nelson 7 g son
Harriet Nelson 5 g/dau
Mary Nelson 3 g/dau
~~~~~~~~-------------------
Charlott Lee 70 /abt 1791 Woodbridge, Suffolk Wife
John Lee 70/ abt 1797 Woodbridge, Suffolk Head Tinner and Brazier
Tenna Lee 27 /abt 1834 Livingston, Norfolk Daughter
~~~~~~~~--------------------
Mary Boss 70 widow b Farnham, Suffolk
John Philips 29 b Thorne, Yorkshire Tinner & Brazier
William Blewitt 52 Stamford, Lincolnshire Head Tinner & Brazier
Sarah Blewitt 24 London, Middlesex Daughter-in-law
Enis Blewitt 1 Hull, Yorkshire,
Valuza Blewitt 5 Sarah York Yorkshire Granddaughter
1871*Parish:Doncaster Ecclesiastical parish:St George *:Yorkshire
Gypsies *Camp in Cherry Lane*
Walter Nelson 45 Hawker(Gypsy)
Lettuce Nelson 43
Henry Nelson 17
Harriet Nelson 13
George Nelson 12
Jemima Nelson 10
David Nelson 8
Alexander Nelson 6
Betsey Nelson 2
-----------------------------------------------
1881*Mexborough, Yorkshire   

Walter Nelson    abt 1826    Durham, Head    besom maker
Clar Nelson    abt 1828    Thurnsby, Yorkshire,     Wife    ?why Clar?   
Alice Nelson    abt 1865    Doncaster, Yorkshire,   
Betsy Nelson    abt 1870    Eastwood, Yorkshire,     
Thomas Nelson    abt 1873    Eastwood, Yorkshire,     Son         
William Nelson    abt 1874    Mexbro, Yorkshire,   Son   
~~~~~~~~-------
1881*Parish: Thorne County/Island: Yorkshire
Alexander Nelson 67 Tin Plate worker born Kilroy, Scotland
~~~~~~~~-----------
1891*Civil Parish: Mexborough
Ecclesiastical parish: St John
County/Island: Yorkshire

Walter Nelson 66 hd b Carington Lam, Durham, besom maker
Lettie 64 wife
Thomas 17b
Wm Nelson 15 coll lab
-----------------------------------------------------------------
George Nelson 29 b Royston, Yorkshire colliery labourer(caravan in Field)
lavina 27
Thomas 10
Lilly 11
Grtrude Nelson 5
Harriett Nelson 3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Adams 49 pot hawker
Jane Adams 39
George Adams 20
Robert Adams 18
Jane Adams 15
Joseph Adams 2