Author Topic: Help - Louisa Jinks  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Jackarmy1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help - Louisa Jinks
« on: Wednesday 01 August 18 03:52 BST (UK) »
Hi, is it possible or even probable for someone to be listed on 2 separate addresses? I'm researching Louisa Jinks b-1852 from Fenton in Stoke On Trent. I've been trying to track down her maiden name, there are a number of children on the 81 & 91 census's so relatively easy to track down a maiden name from births and baptisms etc. However 2 of the childrens mothers have maiden name Boulton and 4 Willshaw (sometimes 1 L ). Then I found a marriage between Thomas Jenks (not Jinks) to a Louisa Boulton Wilshaw in 1869. i then found a register of birth for a Louisa Wilshaw Boulton, so have put that down to someone getting the names the wrong way around. So for me to confirm i had the correct person I looked through the 61 & 71 census's. In 1861 I think she is living at home with John and Mary Wilshaw in the High Street, S-O-T , however in the 1871 census she is showing as married to Thomas (Jinks) at Temple Street S-O-T. but the Louisa Wilshaw is still living with John & Mary Wilshaw also in High street , Fenton, S-O-T. So is this the same person have they both recorded her for the census. It gets a little confusing with the Wilshaw/Boulton and the Jinks & Jenks. Apologies for the long post but driving me mad for days and wondered if anyone else has encountered similar ? I have sent for Thomas and Louisa's marriage cert so all will be revealed hopefully.
James, Jinks - Stoke On Trent,  Richards, Rees, Morgans - Llandilofawr, Llangadock, Wilding- Hereford, Underwood, Sitch, Thorne, Day all West Ham, and Leytonstone. .

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help - Louisa Jinks
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 05:11 BST (UK) »
Is Louisa's sister Julia born 1869  Fenton Staffs living with Louisa and family in 1881??

I notice that in 1881 next door to the family is a Hermin Walshaw (female) b1835 Newcastle Staffs with father Richard Adams b1821 Woverhampton

I think in 1871 this is Hermione Willshaw  living at the same address with daughter Julia https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KDDK-B53 and in 1861 with daughter Louisa of the right age to be your Louisa https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M74Z-CXH    On Anc Louisa  is transcribed as Lasisean Wilshaw

Kay

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 05:36 BST (UK) »
The 1869 marriage of Thomas Jenks to Louisa is online on F M P and lists Louisa as 18 of Chapel St Fenton with father Charles Willshaw   - a Potter    Thomas Jenks is listed as 20 - a Potter with father George Jenks - a Mason

Kay

Offline Jackarmy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 05:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Kay, thanks for the reply, Yes I think so. I just can't work out if and why she appears on 1871 census both at home with her parents and with her husband Thomas whom she married in 1869. All the rest fits even with all the different spellings of Hermione and I can't see where the Boulton part of Louisa's name comes from. There is an Alfred Wilshaw boarding at Trent Terrace, Fenton on the 1871 census, and also staying there as nephew to Thomas and Ann Jeffreys is a Joseph Boulton, so seems to much of a coincidence to have a Wilshaw and a Boulton staying in the the same house in Fenton. It seems a strange female name unless her name is actually Louisa Boulton-Wilshaw, or Wilshaw -Boulton..................
James, Jinks - Stoke On Trent,  Richards, Rees, Morgans - Llandilofawr, Llangadock, Wilding- Hereford, Underwood, Sitch, Thorne, Day all West Ham, and Leytonstone. .

Offline Jackarmy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 05:48 BST (UK) »
The 1869 marriage of Thomas Jenks to Louisa is online on F M P and lists Louisa as 18 of Chapel St Fenton with father Charles Willshaw   - a Potter    Thomas Jenks is listed as 20 - a Potter with father George Jenks - a Mason

Kay

Thanks again Kay, I couldn't find the marriage on FindMyPast other than Louisa Boulton Wilshaw married either Thomas Jenks or Henry Brown, do you mind if I ask how you found the details you left regarding parents etc

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 05:52 BST (UK) »

Kay

Thanks again Kay, I couldn't find the marriage on FindMyPast other than Louisa Boulton Wilshaw married either Thomas Jenks or Henry Brown, do you mind if I ask how you found the details you left regarding parents etc

On the A-Z records page I selected Staffordshire marriages - then searched on Thomas Jenks marriage 1869  with no wife's name.    Louisa's christian names are transcribed as Lovisa Boulton :)

Offline Jackarmy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 05:54 BST (UK) »
Louisa's father named as Charles has thrown me  :'(

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 05:59 BST (UK) »
As I posted above I think this is Louisa and family in 1861   https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M74Z-CXH      A tree on Anc suggests the parents Charles and Hermione didn't marry and her mother's maiden name was Boulton.

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 06:05 BST (UK) »
The birth you found for LOUISA  WILSHAW  BOULTON in 1853 in Stoke is listed on the GRO Birth Index with no mother's maiden name