Author Topic: Need help for Faughanvale Parish  (Read 3468 times)

Offline dcanner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Need help for Faughanvale Parish
« on: Tuesday 09 August 05 18:10 BST (UK) »
I have heard that there exists a book called, The Meeting House at Tullanee available at Familybooks, Speres (sp) Mall in Belfast.  The book is supposedly a history of the Faughanvale Presbyterian Church on Killylane Road , Eglinton.

I am also trying to locate the 1803 Faughanvale local census, which I have also heard exists.

Apologies if I have messed up the geography.  It's rather hard to picture the lay of things from a distance.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Family of interest:  GILFILLAN

Offline dishevelled1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Need help for Faughanvale Parish
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 04:01 GMT (UK) »
hi there hope this might help ;)

the Tullanee Meeting House is situated on the old coach road outside Eglinton, a fast growing village about 7 miles from Londonderry. Set on a hill with a marvellous view over the Airport to the Donegal hills, it was built in 1894, though the congregation dates back to 1730. The congregation was originally mainly farming but now, 317 families strong; it consists largely of people who work in the towns and nearby factories.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Need help for Faughanvale Parish
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 February 08 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello dcanner,

The 1803: Faughanvale Local census; with C. of I. registers is available on microfiche at the Public Records Office in Belfast PRONI MIC1/7B.

Christopher