Author Topic: Marriage of John Kennett and Susan c1605  (Read 807 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Marriage of John Kennett and Susan c1605
« on: Tuesday 14 August 18 02:01 BST (UK) »
I hope someone can help here.

I am trying track down a marriage of John Kennett to a woman named Susan in the Wye are of Kent sometime between about 1620 and 1629.

John and Susan had children christened in Wye between 1627 and 1639.

I suspect that John was born c1605 but this is not confirmed.

So far I have not been able to locate a marriage for John and Susan (or a christening for John) in Wye itself, so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Matt

Offline Nhoj0471

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of John Kennett and Susan c1605
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 03:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt

On family search John Kennett c 30/3/1600. & John Kennett c27/9/1605. Both show fathers name as John. Both in Boughton Aluph parish

John
Australia

Offline Tracey Amos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 December 19 23:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have John Kennett married Susan Webb. He was baptised 2 Aug 1632 and they married 4 Oct 1668 in Wye. His father was also John but I have no other info on his parents. They had a son also John born in Godmersham.
Kennett from Wye and Canterbury
Farrier from Littlebourne & Fordwich
Beer from Chislet
Amos from Wye & Canterbury
Cheeseman from Canterbury & Blean area
Oliver from Ash
Holden from Sholden/Northbourne/ Worth area
Croud from Faversham/Blean

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 December 19 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have John Kennett married Susan Webb. He was baptised 2 Aug 1632 and they married 4 Oct 1668 in Wye. His father was also John but I have no other info on his parents. They had a son also John born in Godmersham.

Hi Tracey

This is my John Kennett however the info you have conflicts with what I have.

John was christened on 2 August 1632 in Wye, and was the son of John Kennett [born 1605 I believe] and [possibly] Susan [surname unknown]. John Kennett [known as John Kennett jnr] married Elizabeth Austen on 3 November 1664 at Wye. I have six children listed for them:

Elizabeth Kennett - born October 1665 Wye, Kent died bef 1668
John Kennett - born October 1666 Wye, Kent
Elizabeth Kennett - born November 1668 Wye, Kent - died July 1669 Wye, Kent
William Kennett - born May 1670 Wye, Kent
Thomas Kennett - born and died November 1672 Wye, Kent
Richard Kennett - born October 1673 Wye, Kent

Now in the next generation it gets confusing as there is another Elizabeth Austen in the family as well.

William Kennett [born 1670] is my ancestor. He was married to a woman named Margaret Gibbs and had a son named John born in Wye in 1698. This John married twice, and by his second wife [a widow named Mary Quested] he was the father of my ancestor Lucebeth Kennett [known in records as Lucy Kennett].

William's younger brother Richard Kennett [born 1673] was married twice. Firstly to a woman named Elizabeth Austin [married by Licence in Canterbury on 2 October 1699], and then to a woman named Elizabeth Egerton [married by Licence on 8 July 1710 at Canterbury].

By his first wife he had two sons, Richard [born 1703] and John [born 1707], and by his second wife his had three more children, William [1711], Egerton [1712] and Catherine [1712].

John Kennett mentioned at the start of this post [born 1632] died in 1695 and left a Will. His wife Elizabeth AUSTEN died in 1675. Most of the information I have on these comes from Wills and other sources so I will update you with more info as soon as I can.

The name Susan Webb is familiar but I can't find a link to the Kennetts. Interestingly I do have Webb connections on my dad's side of the family in that area. Do you know any more about Sarah's parents or family?

I have no info on any John Kennetts born in Godmersham myself.

Btw the Austen/Austin family are quite extensive and I have a lot of wills for them. A lot of the info that helped put this tree together has come from the trees of the Austens as well as the Kennetts.

I will update you shortly with more details.

Matt