Author Topic: 62nd & 81st Regiment for Drum Major number 81  (Read 3432 times)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: 62nd & 81st Regiment for Drum Major number 81
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 23 August 18 20:06 BST (UK) »
Possible death for his wife....if indeed she is a Margaret. Again I cannot see her in the 1861 census in Birmingham.

Margaret Kell aged 60 death registered Birmingham RD Mar qtr 1866
Volume   6D p 96
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 23 August 18 20:06 BST (UK) »
Possible death for his wife....if indeed she is a Margaret. Again I cannot see her in the 1861 census in Birmingham.

See my previous post .
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 23 August 18 20:20 BST (UK) »
Only three districts. In Rugby not transcribed. So unless they were living there? 

Think I will quit on this thread...the lack of a token thank you has really got my goat. And I don't often make comments like that !!!
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 23 August 18 20:29 BST (UK) »
Oh dear - I  think the OP is grateful to you.

I know there were stray missing pieces which aren't listed. I'm still trying to find my grt grandfather in an area that's not listed. I trawled through many places  ::)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline harfielc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 23 August 18 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi

The help you have both provided is amazing, especially the speed.  It can take me hours just to find the evidence source you mention.  I am truly grateful and have learned a lot.

This week i have followed up on all your pieces of advice and tried to track back to the sources and ordered any certificates suggested that may unravel the evidence I need to continue building my tree.

I don't understand the "token thanks", what did I not do?

Hoping to hear back from you.

C

Offline harfielc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 23 August 18 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Can I ask whether you can give me the link to the evidence of the reallocation of W Kell pension.  Post #32 made today?

I thought I had really studied his army record and couldn't find that about the reallocation.

Thanks

C

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 24 August 18 14:30 BST (UK) »
Hi

The help you have both provided is amazing, especially the speed.  It can take me hours just to find the evidence source you mention.  I am truly grateful and have learned a lot.

This week i have followed up on all your pieces of advice and tried to track back to the sources and ordered any certificates suggested that may unravel the evidence I need to continue building my tree.

I don't understand the "token thanks", what did I not do?

Hoping to hear back from you.

C

I just thought that a thank you in one of your replies would be a nice comment.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 24 August 18 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Can I ask whether you can give me the link to the evidence of the reallocation of W Kell pension.  Post #32 made today?

I thought I had really studied his army record and couldn't find that about the reallocation.

Thanks

C

The pension records are not in his service records...but are separate records . They are available on findmypast.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 24 August 18 15:01 BST (UK) »
William Kell age 63 buried 14 Mar 1862 St Martin, Birmingham

He was residing g in Suffolk Street.