Author Topic: John Westbury, was born in Gloucestershire, England 1824. Before emigrating to  (Read 7379 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: John Westbury, was born in Gloucestershire, England 1824. Before emigrating to
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 16 October 18 22:42 BST (UK) »
At the NSW BDM online index for deaths, the given names of the father and mother of the deceased are usually listed.   I am confident that on both John's and James' d.c.s you will find that their father was recorded as John WESTBURY.  One is several decades before Hannah died, and one is several years after her death.

John's 1936 d.c. is #5319, registered Burwood District... parents as John and Hannah
James' 1957 d.c. is #11482, registered Newtown District parents as John and Hannah

And here is Richard's
1976, #22846, (no district displayed as the system was being computerised and all documentation sent directly to Sydney without going through district offices) parents as John and Hannah.   

There are several sections of a NSW BDM death registration, and the main reason that the funeral director lodges these forms is simply that the d.c. includes the equivalent of the burial order, so you  learn about the deceased and his/her marriages and descendants and his/her parents in one section that the funeral director gets the informant to sign off, and in another you learn the cause/s of death certified by a medico, and in then in the last section is the funeral director's section with the cemetery/crematorium info.    The other significant matter to mention is that there has never been a formal cross checking system in the NSW BDM administrative regulations, so these are 'official records' and may contain errors of fact.   :)  :)  :) (my living elderly rellies include retired senior officers from NSW BDM, and while they are not RChatters, they do read my posts online without signing in)...  ::)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.