Author Topic: Learoyd - Coventry 1939  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Coventry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Learoyd - Coventry 1939 married Winifred Howard
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 21 December 19 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Anyone found a possible death for wife or births of the children?

I’ve found his wife, Winifred Howard born 30 March 1911, Bath Street, South Shields, who died 1935. Winifred was the daughter of James Kenneth Howard and Margaret Jane Sked of South Shields. I would very much like to hear from any relatives of either Winifred or Fred as I have some information about their children who were living with Fred at Jordan Well, Coventry, the night of the blitz on 14th November 1940. Mary Ann Hirons (noted as Mary Ann Le-Aroyd in the 1939 Register) was his housekeeper. The house was bombed on 14th Nov 1940 and Mary lost her life when Jordan Well took a direct hit.
Deakin, Tanser, Tansur, Hirons, Drew, Ward, Tayler, Pownall
Currently researching the men commemorated on the war memorial, Broadway, who died in the First World War

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Learoyd - Coventry 1939
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 21 December 19 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked to see if either child is in any family trees on various websites such as Ancestry?

Added:
3 children showing Learoyd/Howard.

Offline Coventry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 22 December 19 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked to see if either child is in any family trees on various websites such as Ancestry?

Added:
3 children showing Learoyd/Howard.

I’ve found one possible link so hoping to hear back. I understand there were 2 boys but have only found birth details one so far. 2 other Learoyd/Howard children listed were born in the early 1920s and mother, Winifred, wasn’t born until 1911 and their marriage isn’t registered until 1930 so not their offspring.
Deakin, Tanser, Tansur, Hirons, Drew, Ward, Tayler, Pownall
Currently researching the men commemorated on the war memorial, Broadway, who died in the First World War

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 22 December 19 07:38 GMT (UK) »
The advert said 2 children, so I was wondering if one of those 3 had died, but if you have shown the older ones are different family then we are down to one, and if the advert was correct, and fits with 2 redacted entries, the other one might be slightly mis-transcribed for birth.

Yes - just looked.

Learoyd/Howard 1935

Le'Aroyd/Howard 1933

If they both have died then you could apply for the redacted entries to be opened.

Added:
No, Jack dies, so cannot be him on 1939

Births June quarter 1933 
 Jack Le'Aroyd mmn  Howard Grimsby

Deaths June quarter  1933 
 Jack    Learoyd age  0    Grimsby

Cannot see anything further on that 1935 birth - changed name?
Added: Ancestry family tree has him as died November 14th 1940, and one private sibling.
Is that your tree?