Author Topic: James Frederick Star  (Read 396 times)

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
James Frederick Star
« on: Tuesday 28 August 18 06:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The Granya Pioneer Museum has just acquired for our collection, a horse drawn wagon which was used by James Star 1852-1930. He apparently carried supplies from the Albury Wodonga towns up the Murray River to settlers along the way. He selected land in the Granya area in 1879 and established himself there.

I am trying to find any information about his days carrying freight, he seems to have had a Hawkers Licence in 1913. Can anyone find any mention of him in Sands Directory or anything similar.

We already have details of his arrival in Australia and his family so there is no need to search for any family information.

Thanks mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: James Frederick Star
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 August 18 06:40 BST (UK) »
Sands (OOPS ... as in NSW  ::) ) now freely available for searching  :)

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/learn/search-our-collections/sands-directory

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
Re: James Frederick Star
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 August 18 07:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks, all I knew is they disapeared off Ancestry.
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.