Author Topic: Michael Donovan Marriage Info  (Read 8212 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Donovan Marriage Info
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 05:17 BST (UK) »
Here is my transcription of the PG 1911 p.164, 173.  :)

South Australia Police Gazette June 28, 1911, page 164
DESERTERS FROM MERCHANT VESSELS
From the  ss ‘BRADFORD CITY’ at PORT PIRIE on June 23rd 1911
Warrants issued for the following :-
John DONOVAN, A.B. 23 years of age, large fair moustache, a native of Ireland, dress not described.
A reward for £1 will be paid for the arrest of each of the above-named.  Warrants filed at Port Pirie. (C1449).
(JM notes that six sailors were named in that notice).

and then there's this notice in the South Australian Police Gazette :

Page 173,   July 5, 1911
Vide Police Gazette 1911, page 164.   Re P Sheehan, John Donovan, S Napper and William Evans, deserters from the ss Bradford City at Port Pirie on June 23rd, 1911,  The warrants for arrest of the above named have been withdrawn, the ship having sailed.  C 1449.

Sometimes my hunches actually work  :-X 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 07:05 BST (UK) »
For the time being at least John Donovan whether Irishman or Englishman will remain a mystery.                 Some of the reasons; married in 1895 Port Pirie S.A. but deserted the ship Bradford City in 1911, ship built 1903.
Ward, Kempson, Donovan, Kiesler, Sutherland, Anesbury, Haines, Crowle, Smith, Benfold, Binstead, Bairstow, Tullock, Wallace, Wood, Oakland, Parker, Payne, Stokes, Botten, Stacy, Brooks, Harmer, Sinclair

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 07:28 BST (UK) »
For the time being at least John Donovan whether Irishman or Englishman will remain a mystery.                 Some of the reasons; married in 1895 Port Pirie S.A. but deserted the ship Bradford City in 1911, ship built 1903.

Martin,   your John DONOVAN is NOT the person who deserted the ship SS Bradford City.  The John Donovan who deserted the ship did so in June 1911.   On several of your threads you have told us that your John Donovan died in 1910, and that his daughter Vera is your late Grandmother. 

https://www.genealogysa.org.au/resources/online-databases.html

At the above link others reading this thread will be able to find the index references for your John's marriage, (to Elizabeth Brooks, 1895); death in 1910 (undefined relative); and of course the birth registration in 1904 of your Grandmother, Vera.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 12:49 BST (UK) »
Martin,  do you have copy of the 1910 South Australian death certificate for your John Donovan?  If so, what information is recorded there in response to the question:

Birthplace and length of residence in Australia

ADD,  :) that information was requested from 1907  :)  see
http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html

JM

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 28 September 18 06:19 BST (UK) »
No Xtra info :
DONOVAN John (M) of Solomantown. d. 12 Sept. 1910 at Solomantown.
rel. (not recorded).
District of Clare.
b. 351
p. 383

Solomantown is suburb of Pt Pirie.
Ward, Kempson, Donovan, Kiesler, Sutherland, Anesbury, Haines, Crowle, Smith, Benfold, Binstead, Bairstow, Tullock, Wallace, Wood, Oakland, Parker, Payne, Stokes, Botten, Stacy, Brooks, Harmer, Sinclair

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 28 September 18 07:42 BST (UK) »
No Xtra info on death cert.
rel. (not recorded).
District of Clare.
b. 351
p. 383

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 01 October 18 09:23 BST (UK) »
No Xtra info :
rel. (not recorded).
District of Clare.
b. 351
p. 383

Martin,  that's the info on the index.  You need the actual certificate that the index is referencing.  It will have more info that is not on the index summary.  You may need to purchase the document.

JM.

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 01 October 18 10:17 BST (UK) »
I was told by the local history society that  the index was copied
 from the death cert which can be viewed for a small fee (they will not copy). It's held in Clare town hall.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 01 October 18 11:15 BST (UK) »
I was told by the local history society that  the index was copied
 from the death cert which can be viewed for a small fee (they will not copy). It's held in Clare town hall.

Well yes of course the index will have details that are copied from the death certificate,  but what about the details that are on the certificate and are not on the index, particularly the details under the heading BIRTHPLACE   and HOW LONG in Australia ... the d.c. is available and I have given you the link in earlier post.

#48 has link to order that cert.
JM