Author Topic: David Thomson  (Read 14504 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Thomson
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Boo , Jen my friend did order the certificate she showed me the payment deduction but she never received it. Something went wrong some where, she never tried again. Maybe David will have a better chance of getting it, since he is in England.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: Thursday 14 November 19 13:27 GMT (UK) »
I must say I am quite surprised to read that your friend paid for a certificate which did not materialise and then seemingly did not attempt to chase this up. 

Could the GRO not send a copy direct to their email under the circumstances, if a paper version has been lost in transit?

After so much work has been put into this thread by several of us (I, for one, spent a good bit of time on this at the library and archives), I was hoping your friend would have seen this through, as we were given to understand was going to happen.  What a pity she seems to have waned in interest to the point of letting things go after paying for something she apparently never received.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: Thursday 14 November 19 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi River Tyne Lass, yes I am also rather disappointed. I was getting excited to have proof and to verify all that  you and the others had found out. I have not worked on her tree since, I have just shelved it. 
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey