Author Topic: LOOK UP OFFER: SURREY RECORDS  (Read 19978 times)

Offline sheppie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LOOK UP OFFER: SURREY RECORDS
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 August 04 20:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks for your generous offer.

Would it be posible to check to Parish Records for Godstone for a baptism of Thomas SKINNER born 1830 and Edward skinner born 1825. Father's name also Thomas.
Many thanks
Sheppie
Cheshire: Pierce, Joy
Liverpool: Lyons, Sim/m, Eccles
Surrey: Skinner
London: Chowne
Hampshire:Hasler
Oxfordshire:Shepherd, Woodley

Offline Lesley Marten

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 August 04 23:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray

Many thanks for your kind offer.  If the records for Newington St. Mary are still in Surrey, can you please look up the birth of an Elizabeth Rowley.  Elizabeth's age varies by over 10 years between various census declarations!!  I believe that 1831 is the most likely year but could be as late as 1841.

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Regards

Lesley
Marten, Lee, Rathbone, Wise, West, Corbell, Pattillo, Andrew
http://marten-west.co.uk

Offline Beverley

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 August 04 21:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray,

Would it be possible to check the parish records for Beddington, Surrey for a marriage of Samuel Oatham/Otham and Susannah Dowsett? I have found them in the Familysearch , they married in 19th Dec 1825, but I just wonder if there any more details in the Beddington parish records like their parents names or witness? please

Many thanks

Bev
PRESTON,NORRIS,GOVEY,MARRIOTT,PAYNE - London
PAIN/E,GOLDFINCH,DEAN/E,KNAGGS,BROOKSBY,RIGDEN - Kent
OATHAM,DOWSETT,HARRIS,FRIANT - Essex & London
GROSS,GOODWYN,HANSON - Suffolk

Offline Mistyrose41

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 August 04 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hello,
       I am trying to trace a record in the Banns register for the parish of Thames Ditton in Surrey for the marriage of John Foster and Elizabeth Pantling at St. Nicholas Church, Thames Ditton on 8th September 1832 to try to establish which parishes they belonged to. I Know Elizabeth was born at Byfleet in Surrey but I can't find a birth/baptism for John. John died in May 1836 so I can't trace him on any census returns. Any help would be much appreciated.
                            Mistyrose
Wiltshire:  Cricklade, West Knoyle.
Names:Newman,  Mead.
Somerset: Hinton St. George, Lopen, Cricket St. Thomas, Hornblotton.
Names: Brook, Cranton, England, Mead.
Kent: Lympne, Dymchurch, Smeeth.
Names:: Taylor, Glayzier, Tebbles, Newman, Idenden.
Surrey: Hersham, Walton on Thames, Great Bookham, Byfleet, Stoke D'Abernon, Thames Ditton, Esher.
Pyrford.Wonersh.Dunsfold.
Names: Foster, Newman, Glashier, Brown, Bond, Morum, Pantling, Mead.
Middlesex: Littleton, Shepperton.
Names: Newman

Offline roadrunner465

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 09 August 04 01:22 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on my Aunt. Her name was Edith Maureen Lake
she lived at 58 Ash Road, Stonecott Hill Surrey. She was born in 1902 in Brixton. I know that she passed away when she was about 90 but I was not able to come home and see her. Her maiden name was Wood.
I apppreciate any help that you can give me.
Thanks
Jones( Hereford) Wales Williams( Wales) Broughtons<br />Elsworthy, Lindsey, Polles,clayton,
Wood, Jolley, Bridges,

Offline clickaway

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 10 August 04 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks for your generous offer.

Would it be posible to check to Parish Records for Godstone for a baptism of Thomas SKINNER born 1830 and Edward skinner born 1825. Father's name also Thomas.
Many thanks
Sheppie

Strangely enough I cannot find these Skinners in the Parish Register for Godstone.  The only Skinners there are the product of John and Sarah or of William and Ann. No Thomas.

I'd be interested in where you got the information in case I can look elsewhere?

Ray
Wiseman (Norfolk, London, Canada), Henderson (Manitoba, Canada) Crook (S. Devon, London, Ireland), Laskey (S. Devon and London), Richardson (Saffron Walden and London), Hall (Plymouth and Norfolk), Curd (Herts., London), Pettit, Pettitt, (all areas), Splatt (Devon, London, Surrey), East (Hertfordshire), Andrew (Herts.), Cluff (London), Nash (London), Plymley (Herts.), Packer (London), Leak (Norfolk), Allen (Norfolk)

Offline clickaway

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 August 04 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray

Many thanks for your kind offer.  If the records for Newington St. Mary are still in Surrey, can you please look up the birth of an Elizabeth Rowley.  Elizabeth's age varies by over 10 years between various census declarations!!  I believe that 1831 is the most likely year but could be as late as 1841.

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Regards

Lesley

No luck at the History Centre, as these records are held in the London Metropolitan Archives (Corporation of London).

But a search on the IGI index on the LDS site reveals your person being christened  on 2 January 1831.

Ray
Wiseman (Norfolk, London, Canada), Henderson (Manitoba, Canada) Crook (S. Devon, London, Ireland), Laskey (S. Devon and London), Richardson (Saffron Walden and London), Hall (Plymouth and Norfolk), Curd (Herts., London), Pettit, Pettitt, (all areas), Splatt (Devon, London, Surrey), East (Hertfordshire), Andrew (Herts.), Cluff (London), Nash (London), Plymley (Herts.), Packer (London), Leak (Norfolk), Allen (Norfolk)

Offline clickaway

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 10 August 04 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray,

Would it be possible to check the parish records for Beddington, Surrey for a marriage of Samuel Oatham/Otham and Susannah Dowsett? I have found them in the Familysearch , they married in 19th Dec 1825, but I just wonder if there any more details in the Beddington parish records like their parents names or witness? please

Many thanks

Bev

Hi Bev,

Sorry, these records are not held by Surrey, but by the London Borough of Sutton.

Best of Luck!

Ray

Offline clickaway

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 10 August 04 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hello,
       I am trying to trace a record in the Banns register for the parish of Thames Ditton in Surrey for the marriage of John Foster and Elizabeth Pantling at St. Nicholas Church, Thames Ditton on 8th September 1832 to try to establish which parishes they belonged to. I Know Elizabeth was born at Byfleet in Surrey but I can't find a birth/baptism for John. John died in May 1836 so I can't trace him on any census returns. Any help would be much appreciated.
                            Mistyrose

Hi,

Not much luck I'm afraid. They do not have the banns records for this period/parish at the centre.

If its useful, I have the two witnesses at the wedding as Anne Burningham and Thomas Foster.

Were Elizabeth's parents John and Mary? If so, I can give you some info on her brothers and sisters.

I could not see any Fosters being born  in Thames Ditton around the time he was probably born, or in Byfleet.

Ray