Author Topic: HASTINGS, Robert Noel - poss. born 1917 Vancouver, died 1995 Gibsons  (Read 3840 times)

Offline Seaton Smithy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Previously known as "neb_maat_re".
    • View Profile
Re: HASTINGS, Robert Noel - poss. born 1917 Vancouver, died 1995 Gibsons
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hello....

It is now more than 100 years since he was born and privacy legislation may now not apply. If you haven't already done so, you might try contacting the Gov't at this link and ask them if ordering a cert with the DOB you have (quote it) would be possible? Contact email link is at the lower right.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/life-events/birth-adoption/births

PB

The BC Vital Statistics Agency have advised the following which may be of interest to other researchers:

• It is possible to request the birth record of someone who has been deceased for more than 20 years.
  • VSA do not issue the actual birth certificate for deceased persons - they issue a "birth/deceased certificate ... which contains the same information as a birth certificate."

It was not clear from the response if the details on the "birth/deceased certificate" would be any different from the details on the death registration. It was also not clear from the response if a BC birth registration for Robert actually exists. As I have not been able to find Robert on the 1921 census the birth details on the death registration may be erroneous. 

However, based on the form they sent me (which is the same as the one linked on the web site) you need to be a verified relative, the executor or have the written authorisation of an eligible applicant to apply which rules me out.

Offline Wilsonj73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 30 July 22 08:10 BST (UK) »
Hi there. I knew Bob Hastings. He was my aunts father.

Offline Rchastings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 18 November 22 03:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone.

This post follows on from here: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=800675.0

I am looking to see if I can find more information about Robert Noel Hastings who died in Gibsons on 26 January 1995.

His death record shows he was born in Vancouver on 25 November 1917.  Both parents are listed as Not Known.  The informant appears to have been his (ex?) son-in-law.

http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/Image/Genealogy/061bcf97-07d2-4d14-8736-9d32407b3ba2

Robert was married to Ruby Mary Wright (born in 1933 in Mission and died in 1993 in Sechelt).

Any assistance gratefully received.

Hi. I AM Robert Noel Hastings daughter. Feel free to message me if you still are interested.
Thanks
Rosina

Offline Rchastings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 November 22 04:19 GMT (UK) »
His death registration indicates he was a truck driver, but he shows as a mechanic in a couple of Voter's Lists:

1957 Gibsons, BC  Robert N. Hastings, labourer, Mrs. Ruby M Hastings, housewife

1965 Kaslo BC, Robert Noel Hastings, mechanic, and Mrs. Ruby Mary Hastings

1974 Gibsons, BC. Robert N. Hastings, mechanic, North Rd., Gibsons with Mrs. Robert N. Hastings.

Looks like he preferred living in small towns!
He definately did. I as his remaining daughter, Rosina. Feel free to message me.

Offline Seaton Smithy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Previously known as "neb_maat_re".
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 November 22 18:47 GMT (UK) »
He definately did. I as his remaining daughter, Rosina. Feel free to message me.

I have responded to your message.