Author Topic: Death Notice Evening Chronicle - lookup  (Read 3671 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Notice Evening Chronicle - lookup
« Reply #9 on: Friday 28 September 18 18:05 BST (UK) »
Again just quick - full write up tomorrow ..  Apparently ..

Emily died June 1934

May on 13th March 1932

Hope this helps firkling tonight ..  :)

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 September 18 09:28 BST (UK) »
Here are the memoriams, Boo:

Newcastle Evening Chronicle - March 30 1935

'Greener, (Dunston).-In loving memory of my dear husband, Robert Ridley, died March 30th 1934, also May, died 13th March, 1932.  Ever remembered by loving wife and family.

'Greener.- Treasured memories of our dear brother, Robert died March 30th, 1934, also our dear sister, Emily, died June, 1934.  A thought to-day, a memory for ever.  Ever remembered by brothers and sisters, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law.'

On reflection Boo, I wonder if May might have been a daughter?  If you like as there is a specific date the next time I can fit in a visit to the Newcastle library I could check to see if there is a death notice for her.  This may shed light on who she was.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 September 18 10:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks RTL,  I'll see what I can suss out about the Emily and the May and let you know. I'd rather not ask you to trawl though an entire month of papers.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 September 18 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo,

In the case of May her specific death date is given so I think this should be quite easy to find out if there is a death notice the next time I can get to the library.  If you could find out any more on Emily that would be helpful in find a death notice/memoriams.  Her burial would have been likely in June or early July if she died late in June.  I wonder if she may also be in the same cemetery as her brother Robert?

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 September 18 11:11 BST (UK) »
There were 197 entries registered in England and Wales on FreeBMD in Q1 1932 for a first name of May (and variants).

Downloading the list and putting in excel to be able to manipulate it better, shows that none had the surname Greener. None were registered in Gateshead.
However, there are 3 possible entries in Newcastle District. May Besford, age 0, May Dodsworth, age 2 and (the running favourite at first glance) May Hardy age 5.

As I now have a likely marriage for Robert Ridley Greener to an Annie Hardy I'll investigate this one first. There is a birth registered Q1 1927 in Gateshead May Hardy MMN Blaylock, so possibly a niece or maybe Annie was married before she married Robert. I'll need to look into that properly.

If you do have time when you visit the library again and there is a death notice, its unlikely to be for Greener but there may be one for one of the above surnames.

Thanks RTL

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 29 September 18 11:35 BST (UK) »
Right the next time I get there I will look for May - because of the date of death I don't anticipate that this will be too difficult, providing a notice was placed.  May Hardy does sound like a likely candidate but we'll see.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 29 September 18 12:36 BST (UK) »
Okay I need to check if Annie was a widow when she married Robert. Its looking like a reasonable option but only this marriage will confirm or deny it. All conjecture till then, but the following is looking quite possible.
I firkled:

Marriage in Q1 1924 for an Annie Blaylock and John Hardy, registered Gateshead
Birth in 1925 Surname Hardy, MMN Blaylock, registered Gateshead (may still be alive)
Birth Q1 1927 May Hardy MMN Blaylock

Death Q2 1930 John Hardy age 35, Gateshead
Burial Garden House 25 June 1930 John Hardy of 24 Clavering St, Miner age 35
Death Q1 1932 May Hardy, age 5, registered Gateshead
Burial 17 March 1932, Garden House, May Hardy age 5, 52 Walton Street

Marriage Q1 1932 Robert R Greener and Annie Hardy

Birth in 1932 Greener MMN Blaylock , registered Gateshead (possibly still alive)
Birth Q4 1933 Grace A Greener MMN Blaylock, registered Gateshead (unredacted in 1939 so since died)

Death Q2 1934 Robert Ridley Greener, registered Gateshead
Burial 4th April 1934, Garden House Robert Ridley Greener, 34 Commercial Buildings

Marriage Q2 1936 Annie Greener and James McKearnan. registered Gateshead
Birth in 1937 McKearnan MMN Blaylock may still be alive
Birth in 1939 fMcKearnan MMN Blaylock may still be alive

There is a likely entry in 1939 for the following in the same household Whickham
James McKearnan
Annie McKearnan
two redacted entries
Grace A Greener
Patterson (sic) Blaylock (possibly Annie's brother)
two more redacted entries

So I am moving Annie into the more possible category to have been a widow when she married Robert and the little girl, May, as being her daughter from her first marriage.
Am also adding in two possible children for Robert and Annie

and all from 6 little words in an In Memoriam notice for someone else. Its amazing what you can find with the smallest of clues.

I will confirm the marriage for Robert and Annie, I feel that the above is the right scenario but only the marriage entry will tell me for certain.

Thanks RTL :-)

NB for anyone reading, I am only mainly interested in Robert Ridley Greener, who is a twiglet on my tree (son of a 2x Great Aunt) I do look at stuff for his wife and her family as a fuller picture helps (see above!) but wont be including them on my tree as they are too far from the main branch. I wouldn't want anyone to waste time looking for stuff for the Blaylocks/ Mckearnans etc.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 29 September 18 12:51 BST (UK) »
Just quick .. don't know if this is of any relevance but there is a death registration for a Sarah E Newton in June quarter of 1934 Gateshead age 44.  Could she be Emily I wonder?

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 29 September 18 12:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks RTL, firkling for Emily is on my list but will have to wait a while as the living are now demanding my attention and I have two handsome young men to visit this afternoon (they'll wear me out as only a 6 year old ad a 3 year can do!)  ;D

Boo