Author Topic: WRIGHT /ALSOP marr pre 1855 Derby Eng.  (Read 3384 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
WRIGHT /ALSOP marr pre 1855 Derby Eng.
« on: Thursday 11 August 05 00:39 BST (UK) »
Is anyone researching this couple..WILLIAM WRIGHT and GRACE ALSOP.
They were married in Derby in 1831.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: WRIGHT /ALSOP marr pre 1855 Derby Eng.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 August 05 22:22 BST (UK) »
Hi
Not researching this couple however they were married at Wirksworth, Derbyshire
6.10.1831 Grace was from Ashleyhay.

Try www.wirksworth.org.uk, Census info from 1841 + Church registers etc.
Spendlove.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline G Flint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WRIGHT /ALSOP marr pre 1855 Derby Eng.
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello

William Wright who married Grace Allsop was my Grt Grandfather on my mothers side of the family Joseph Walker's brother in law Joseph my Grt Grandfather born in 1815  married Anne Wright daughter of Samuel and Mary Wright nee Smith of Wirksworth Moor  (Wrights Cottages  now no more)
Anne Wright was also my kin via my Flint family as her Grandfore bare Robert Frost Lead Mining Agent was also my 6XGrandfather

The Wrights married into the Alsop family of Lea Bridge and Holloway who owned Lead Mines and a Smelting Mill  Alsops married into the Miller Wass family who opened up Mill Close Mine Darley Dale  in 1849 - 1933 where some of my kin worked way back in the 1750s when The London Lead Co owned the site  Today Enthoven's still Smelt Lead on the site... The Alsop family in turn married into the John Smedley Lea Mills family also related to Nightingales and Evans of Cromford Bridge House  Evans being Cotton Manufacturers at Darley Abbey Mills near Derby in the same era as Arkwrights...My Grt Grandfather Joseph Walker married 3 times his 3rd wife Martha Sheldon my true Grt Grandmother they married in 1869..  Walkers also owned Lead Mines in partnership with others in the Cromford area although my Grt Grandfather was a Master Stonemason and Building Contractor

Wrights also married into my Flint kin via cousins etc..I have the full family history

Regards Flint