Author Topic: bolduc family  (Read 4896 times)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: bolduc family
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 01:28 GMT (UK) »
OK, so I guess the next question is "where are you trying to bring a page up from"? A different source? Perhaps I can try to figure out your problem?

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 01:35 GMT (UK) »
I have tried on Ancestry and also on the regular Govt site
in both cases I am on Google Chrome

huey1

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 01:56 GMT (UK) »
OK, then...

I used Alfred Lambert (near neighbor from Lovell's Directory) to find Elie on the Gov't site. Then I used Alfred's age info and location Montreal to find him on Ancestry so I could check the next page and then back to the Gov't site for the link.

Hope this makes sense?

Chrome should work fine, I would think.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 02:21 GMT (UK) »
And....

I have now found Mignonne Coulombe indexed as same on Ancestry and her father as Elia Cardamone; rest of the family on the first page also as Cardamone.

PB

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 03:24 GMT (UK) »
strange things going on !!
I just uses Alfred Lambert to search 1921 census on Ancestry and the page in question that i cant find using Elie popped up like normal ,amazing

huey1

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 02 March 19 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi polarbear

Strange that the enumerator would have the correct name for the daugh.Mignonne age 11 staying at the same address as her family and have the family listed as Cardamone

huey1

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 02 March 19 00:35 GMT (UK) »
I think it's more a case of the transcriber reading the word as Cardamore. It is very poorly written on the first page. I had trouble digging Coulombe out when I actually knew what the name was after I found them.

PB