Author Topic: Betty BURT c1791 Dunfermline  (Read 2616 times)

Offline tab11

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Betty BURT c1791 Dunfermline
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 28 October 18 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Morning Folks,

I'm sorry for the confusion I've caused as I'm not an expert in the field. My original thread was to try and locate the parents of Betty Burt c1791 from Dunfermline.  I believe the Burt family were well known in Dunfermline and thought someone might have some knowledge.
I was also searching for her husbands Thomas Miller's parents and wires became crossed after hours of searching.  The only thing I had to go on was naming patterns and found some likely candidates using that method.  Not an accurate form of research, I know.

I understand if you want to discontinue the search.. Sorry... :-\

Tab 11

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 28 October 18 10:28 GMT (UK) »
What Carole is asking is...

Where have you found Betty named 'Betty Elizabeth' as she was married as Betty then on the 1841 census she was again Betty?

What name is used on the marriages & deaths of the children?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline tab11

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 28 October 18 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosinish,

I've only managed to find the baptism records of 2 of the children, Susan and Margaret.  Betty has her name as Elizabeth on those 2 records.

Tab 11

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 28 October 18 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Have you found any marriages post 1855 (in Scotland) for children which would give status of both parents for a time frame of their possible deaths?

Which of their children do you descend from & what are the details of that marriage?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline tab11

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 29 October 18 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosinish,

The only child that married post 1855 (that I have found) was Helen, who married Robert Bald Hunter 10/09/1855 at North Church, Dunfermline.  Sadly there wasn't an image >:( so I couldn't find any more detail.

I descend from the second daughter, Isabella.  She married William Miller (also Miller) He was a collier who worked at Elgin Colliery.  They married on the 22/04/1843 in Dunfermline.

Tab 11