Author Topic: Search for DAVIN, PHELAN & BREEN  (Read 2718 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Search for DAVIN, PHELAN & BREEN
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 28 October 18 15:01 GMT (UK) »
you may find the Breen's and Blake's here
http://census.nationalarchives.ie/search/cl/index.jsp

Offline Kazzacross

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 28 October 18 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the link dathai , I'll have a search through and see if I can work anything out from it
Karen

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 28 October 18 15:51 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that would have been the next step I would have advised once you had built up the base on Civil Reg then you'd know which ones to search for based on Births/Marriages found late 1800's, names, ages.

In 36 hours you've gathered 6 or 7 siblings etc, marrying 1870's.

I would have advised working births for these first on Civil Reg....then look on Census as it can become very confusing but up to you.  ;D  You'll find yourself trying to link 2 ends of a chain instead of doing them step by step by step forward in time!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 28 October 18 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Mary Anne Blake
Born 27/12/1849,baptized 28th.
Parents: Robert Blake and Mary Anne Clancy
At least 7 siblings.
Blakes can be traced back to 1700's
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 28 October 18 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Robert Joseph Breen
Born and baptized 28/3/1847
Parents: John Breen and Ellen Meath
Several siblings.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 28 October 18 22:00 GMT (UK) »
The Shipping Crew Lists at the National Archives show many, many records for John Breen of Wexford.
Go to http://census.nationalarchives.ie/search/cl/index.jsp

Offline Kazzacross

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 28 October 18 23:58 GMT (UK) »
wexflyer you are a diamond, can I ask where you found this info, I have searched and searched for something and came up with nothing.
Thanks
Karen

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 29 October 18 00:44 GMT (UK) »
wexflyer you are a diamond, can I ask where you found this info, I have searched and searched for something and came up with nothing.
Thanks
Karen

Easy. The Wexford parish registers. The informaton already posted says that they were from Wexford.
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634138#page/171/mode/1up
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634138#page/128/mode/1up

As I mentioned, there are also siblings. I am sure you can also find parents marriages, etc.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 29 October 18 04:49 GMT (UK) »
As both Messrs Blake and Breen were sailors, you might wish to take a look at the three volume "Martime History of Co. Wexford",  by John Power. In particular, Vol. I, 1859-1910.
A quick glance shows references to Blakes and Breens in the 1860s.