Author Topic: Thomas Roper.  (Read 3158 times)

Online Rhonda May

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Roper.
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Now, i'm on Ancestry and have spoken to a "Pook" member of family. He told me that Hannah Pook, a sister to Ann Pook married Charles Edward Wilson. She APPARENTLY was married under the name of Anna Pook. He told me that this makes it difficult as members get mixed up between Hannah and Ann Pook who married James Roper!..........Cinny22[/quote]

The above is correct.
Probate for Charles Edward WILSON was granted to his widow Anna WILSON.
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/20570238

Rhonda

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 08:58 GMT (UK) »
 :)

Anna WILSON 1938 d.c. is reference B41548, and the Qld online index has her parents as John POOK and Ann BENNETT. 

ADD
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/38705506 Courier Mail 28 Oct 1938

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/38709955 Courier Mail 19 Nov 1938. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Yes, i believe Ann Roper nee Pook, is the same.............very difficult situation when both Sisters use this Christian name. Cinny22

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Yes, i believe Ann Roper nee Pook, is the same.............very difficult situation when both Sisters use this Christian name. Cinny22

:)  :) Their surnames are different after marriage, and that is significant.  Their ages would be different too, so it should not be a very difficult situation once you have the actual bdm documents to validate your research. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Have you found RChat's Queensland Resources useful?

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=369972.0

JM

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes, the resources are great as this is where i got the Death dates and Marriages from, but even after getting the Death Certificate and talking to other members of the Pook, and Roper families......over a period, i still can't find out where Thomas Roper actually came from.............it still remains a mystery.
You all have been such a help, and i have ALWAYS been given leads and information to follow up, but it seems this time, it's just not out there.
Perhaps, he was adopted and with out "papers" on this or parents known, we will never find the answers.
Thank you............Cinny22

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps the Qld BDM did not receive/did not process the paperwork registering Thomas' birth ... or perhaps the handwriting was err .... hard to decipher ....  perhaps Thomas' parents did not realise they needed to register the birth ...  :)

BUT you likely will need the death cert for Thomas' mum to know if he is noted there as a child of her marriage.   :)

JM

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 09:42 GMT (UK) »
I did a search using only the birth date and THOMAS and there are only three births:

1899   C3869 Thomas Barnes parents Thomas and Ellen Tansey   

1899   B63876 Thomas Lawrence parents Olsen Erick Olaf and Mary Brown   

1899   B63901 Joseph Thomas parents Cairns William and Weir Alice

The birth date could be incorrect, though. He wouldn’t be the first to lie about his age to get into the military at a younger age.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Majm, and others............will take your advice and order the Death Certificate of Ann Roper (1915)
This will be my last and only chance of securing his family.
Will let you all know the results at a later date. Fingers  X'ed!!

Thanks for your help and information...........Cinny22