Author Topic: Names of crew members"Porcupine Squadron"  (Read 2753 times)

Offline McCash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Names of crew members"Porcupine Squadron"
« on: Thursday 11 August 05 18:36 BST (UK) »
#433 Porcupine Squadron Skipton on Swale,trying to find names of fellow  R.C.A.F. crew members that flew on the lancaster "The Tall and Terrific" with my father . Service number taken from the back of his watch is R169938. His name was John(Jack)Charles McCash. Can you please Help. -Margaret
Ogilvy,Moubray(Falkirk:Sterlingshire)  McCash,Ashton,Wilson,Ogilvie,Mowbray,Hutton,Campbell,Murray,Menzies,Rollison,Dunn,
Sunter, Johnman, Straten (Perthshire) / Burnett,Thompson,Forster,Davison, Nobes,Wilson(EngLand)

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Names of crew members"Porcupine Squadron"
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 August 05 19:57 BST (UK) »
hello margaret,i can find eddy baresby and his crew,and patterson,mckellar,strelchuk,smyth and heathcote and their crews,i know his commanding officers and which places he was bombing and when,but i cant find your dad,they all flew on missions with your dad and he would have known them all probably,the only thing i can suggest is aim higher,look for members of the squadron,someone will remember him,i will have another search for you,see what i can find,by the way,on the night of 20/21 jan 1944 he was delivering some presents over berlin and the following evening he was over magdeburg ;)mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline McCash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 August 05 01:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Mack: My stepmother has a lot of pictures in her possesion of the crew and the plane but because she never came into our lives until 1965 she can not put names to the faces. The name Eddy Baresby comes to my memory and also a first name,Mark. As to those gifts,there are a couple of aerial photos of them being delivered in his photo album. Thank you very much for your help. Regards: Margaret
Ogilvy,Moubray(Falkirk:Sterlingshire)  McCash,Ashton,Wilson,Ogilvie,Mowbray,Hutton,Campbell,Murray,Menzies,Rollison,Dunn,
Sunter, Johnman, Straten (Perthshire) / Burnett,Thompson,Forster,Davison, Nobes,Wilson(EngLand)

Offline Lisa V.

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 May 12 02:45 BST (UK) »
Hi..I'm new to this site but i do know of someone that might have info on the 433 Porcupine crew. I went to visit the old airlfield in Skipton just last week and i met a man that was in the 433.  He lives in York, England and I believe he said he was on the Heathcote crew...sorry about the spelling.  If you wish any more info in regards to this..please feel free.  I had a uncle that served in the squadron as a Navigator but was KIA in March 44.  He was part of the Lossing crew.  Lisa V.
'WHEN YOU GO HOME, TELL THEM OF US, AND SAY,
FOR YOUR TOMORROW, WE GAVE OUR TODAY.'