Author Topic: Mary Matilda Collins  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Matilda Collins
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 11 November 18 00:26 GMT (UK) »
It would appear pretty evident that Raymond Perkins was the one in and out of the workhouse in Southwark - his birth year varies between 1860 and 1865 (the latter in 1911 tying in with the age given when marrying in 1918).

I feel sure he is the Raymond Alfred Perkins birth Sept.1859 Stow, Suffolk.

Looks like he is living with a family named Petch in 1861 as 'Alfred', one of 2 described as 'nurse child':

Alfred Perkins   1    born Thurston, Suffolk (Thurston came under regn. district of Stow).
Edwin Perkins   1    born Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk.

Both births were recorded in Sept.qtr.1859 so definitely not from same mother although both illegitimate - Edwin registered as Edwin Petch Perkins so clearly some link with the family he was with.

Neither of these 2 appear to have been baptised and the only way to find out parentage of Raymond Alfred Perkins would be to purchase the birth certificate.

Looks like a child Raymond George Perkins, mmn Collins - birth 1919 Wandsworth.   He was buried 1/10/1919 Feltham, Middlesex aged 5 months - address 15 Tachbrook Road.

However, none of this is finding out what became of Mary Matilda although they clearly weren't together for long.

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline TeddyP

• RootsChat Extra
  • Steve Williams
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Matilda Collins
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 11 November 18 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much everyone.  I'm really grateful for your assistance.

I have found a death for a Mary Matilda Collins 10/03/1942 in the US, but have no idea if this is likely to be the Mary I'm looking for.  Emigration may explain why I can't find any English records of her after her marriage.
Hickey - Co. Waterford, Boston, New York, Adelaide
Burke - Co. Waterford
Kipps - Bermondsey
Burnett - Bermondsey
Stammers - Bermondsey, Camberwell, Walworth,
Collins - Southwark, S. London
Munday - Camberwell, S. London
Colbert - Co. Waterford