Author Topic: Anglesey Burials  (Read 411 times)

Offline Karlmoz81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anglesey Burials
« on: Sunday 11 November 18 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone

I have been researching my Morris family history name for some time now and it traces back to anglesey in North Wales.

I have found a burial record for my 3rd ggf William Morris who was buried in 1856 in llanfair Pg . I also believe his wife and one of his sons to be buried in the same grave .

However having searched the cemetary that was most likely to have the grave I was unable to locate it and was told to contact the local rector . I have emailed the rector whose contact details I got off the internet but have received no reply .

I'm not quite sure where else to try I tried the local town council but was told to contact the rector .

Any help appreciated thanks in advance

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Anglesey Burials
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 November 18 08:26 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat

Is this your man

Burial
William Morris
Age   57
Burial date 25 Oct 1856
Place   - Llanfairpwllgwyngyll

You say you have 'searched' the cemetary, it is possible that there is no headstone
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Karlmoz81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 November 18 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie

Yes it is highly possible no headstone is at the grave . His son a William Morris buried in beaumaris had no headstone either .

Williams grave in Llanfair PG is likely to also have his wife and his son Benjamin Morris who I have again found a burial record for 1870 in Llanfair PG but again unable to locate a gravestone .

I'm basically looking for the location in the cemetary of the grave as even with no headstone the location of the grave must be in some records held somewhere.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 November 18 11:52 GMT (UK) »
I suspect that the church is the only place that will know the burial location if it is available.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk