Author Topic: Help - are you a FindMyPast.com subscriber (not FindMyPast.co.uk)?  (Read 1852 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Update: US Ultimate British & Irish equals former US World/Premium, just cheaper
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 02 December 18 09:13 GMT (UK) »
An update for anyone following. I have allowed my US World/Premium subscription to lapse (ie didn't let it Auto Renew). I had been invited to renew my subscription as follows:

. Your 12 Month World Subscription is due to end on Sunday, 02 December 2018 and when it does, you can claim 15% off your next year with us by switching on auto-renew in your account. Instead of $239.50, you'll pay just $203.58. It's our way of saying thank you for your loyalty     

I have, in its place, purchased a 12 month US Ultimate British & Irish package, currently  c$179 or c$152 with their 15% loyalty discount.

So, if a loyal member allowed/allows their sub to auto-renew, it seems they would have paid/ will pay $203.58. If they allowed/allow it to lapse then purchase a new subscription, they would have paid/will pay c$152 (or less if they are entitled to any different discount), for exactly the same record access. Quite a price difference, so thanks but no thanks Auto Renew. I remain loyal, but 'with more $ in my pocket'.

Partly because of the price difference, I had been sceptical about these packages having the same coverage (also because of the poor wording on the page describing the Ultimate British and Irish), but then RunKitty shared their experience of having already subscribed to the Ultimate package. Now that I have also taken out the Ultimate package subscription, I can easily see from my receipt, that it does indeed give access to all the same records (it would have been clearer from the start if they had used the description they have on the receipt, on their Ultimate package description page as well):

"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help - are you a FindMyPast.com subscriber (not FindMyPast.co.uk)?
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 02 December 18 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Good news - glad everything worked out well for you.   :)

RK