Author Topic: Lookup for illegitemate childs father or any link at all  (Read 5991 times)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup for illegitemate childs father or any link at all
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 06 December 18 08:26 GMT (UK) »
When I grow up ...60 in Feb
I will officially  be A time travel detective

Tho business wi be small

I love that there are Pinker tons in this story ..famous American  detextiles

Went to a meeting for creative self employed business people and found someone who  will help  me produce website in error change for me proof reading g theither publicity etc ....I know on here it looks as if I'm dyslexia I  but
It's visual. .fat fingers typing blind ans small window on mobile

I wanTed to share good  easy with you ...if you can listen ton radio Bristol history program  it's the one I collaborated of  to solve missing babies
With BBC Shropshire  at last episode of 5 daily they interviewed me
And now that b   bristol is run ingredients the series they will interview me Fri eve by phone. ...don't know what time put it will be on playback and I.ll ask a computer geek to post links

I can help oe explain by phone  better for some handy hints for birth father

Mum and I chose to pay cheshire records for 2 hours work to find affiliation order which had his full name address a d how much he had to pay for bastard chd til age 13

Pm me if you want phone chat ...or would like to become an official detective I  your speciality ..I'm not good at finding birth records but am great ato outside the box ideas

My present title is FEELGOOD Facilitator    and for Leicester community radio daytime 1449fm I am roving reporter and people finder ..coordinator a d job creator
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 07 December 18 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Not sure whether this has been posted or asked?

What was the occ. of father Jervis on the 2nd marriage of Desmond Jervis?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 07 December 18 16:26 GMT (UK) »

My present title is FEELGOOD Facilitator    and for Leicester community radio daytime 1449fm I am roving reporter and people finder ..coordinator a d job creator

sorry Brigidmac

what do you mean :) :)  do you have a prog on Leicester radio....  ??

be nice to listen to .. should be able to get it :)  if you have

xin

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 07 December 18 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Reply #35 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 13:26

if there is an Irish connection, could you give me some clue where I should start looking??
I would begin with finding out whether the names Desmond &/or Jervis have been used earlier on the maternal lines.

After a few hrs of reading, checking, reading, further checking, reading & further checking, I have found a lot of my questions (whether in my head or on this thread) have been answered on other threads related.

However, I had started typing my finds as I was going along so I could copy/paste but have had to add a few bits...

This is a strange one & a long shot but not impossible :-\

I see this has already been mentioned here & has been on a few other threads too but I’m putting it up to keep it all simple!

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q273-X4B9

Hill Street
St George Hanover Square
St Margaret & St. John the Evangelist Westminster, London, Middlesex, England (next door to Chelsea)

All surname Salter

Jarvis Head 29 b Wribbenhall, Worcester
Fanny Wife 31 b Horton, Northampton
Ethel Lilian Dau 3 b Chelsea, Middlesex (b 1878 (freebmd) i.e. 40 when Desmond was born)
Edith Mary Dau 1 b Westminster, Middlesex
Charles Jarvis Clerson Son 0 ditto
Emma Mother 59 b Bayton, Worcester

Although this Ethel married Edward Frewen in 1905 she took off to Gibraltar as Mrs Ethel Frewen with a/her dau Hilda Mary Frewen aged 1 in 1916 (no husband but states she's married) aged 34 (b c 1882)!, no info. on who she’s going to & no sign of her return.

Why was she going to Gibraltar?
Was she estranged from Edward?
Did she conceive Desmond whilst there?
Did she feel she had to use her maiden name when Desmond was registered?
Maybe Edward insisted his surname was not to be used?
Did she get back with Edward on the condition Desmond was put into an orphanage?

From one of the other links;
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=222405.msg6628406#msg6628406
“On his marriage his dad was Jervis Salter (deceased) in 1942”

From https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=804531.0
Reply #23 on: Sunday 02 December 18 22:01

1st Marriage;“Jervis Salter (deceased) given as father's name.”
“(I have since found that there is Jarvis Salter in his mum's line)”

Had I known, I wouldn't have suggested it.

2nd Marriage;
“Father and fathers occupation unknown”

This could be plausible (freebmd);

Death 1932
Salter Jarvis 80 Fulham 1a 449 (not far from Chelsea & Westminster)?

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 07 December 18 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Another post here

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=804556.0

Given the number of posts already about this person, it's inevitable time will be wasted duplicating information.

Can I suggest you print off all the info given in the previous posts and then prepare a shortened version of the actual facts - not possible assumptions - to help clarify matters.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 07 December 18 21:39 GMT (UK) »
It may also be an idea to reply accordingly to posts when you already have info. to ideas given as in my reply above?

Reply #39 on: Today at 18:40

Annie

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 07 December 18 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Although this Ethel married Edward Frewen in 1905 she took off to Gibraltar as Mrs Ethel Frewen with a/her dau Hilda Mary Frewen aged 1 in 1916 (no husband but states she's married) aged 34 (b c 1882)!, no info. on who she’s going to & no sign of her return.

Edward FREWEN was an Officer in the Army so probably no mystery there.

Debra   :D

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 07 December 18 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Dundee,

Maybe my thought isn't so far out if Ethel was back in England while hubby was serving then who knows  :-\

The name Jervis just seems to be an odd choice at random considering he didn't have a middle name at birth?

Annie

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
  • GG Grandad John Collier 'The Contratenor Singer'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Reply #35 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 13:26

if there is an Irish connection, could you give me some clue where I should start looking??
I would begin with finding out whether the names Desmond &/or Jervis have been used earlier on the maternal lines.

After a few hrs of reading, checking, reading, further checking, reading & further checking, I have found a lot of my questions (whether in my head or on this thread) have been answered on other threads related.

However, I had started typing my finds as I was going along so I could copy/paste but have had to add a few bits...

This is a strange one & a long shot but not impossible :-\

I see this has already been mentioned here & has been on a few other threads too but I’m putting it up to keep it all simple!

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q273-X4B9

Hill Street
St George Hanover Square
St Margaret & St. John the Evangelist Westminster, London, Middlesex, England (next door to Chelsea)

All surname Salter

Jarvis Head 29 b Wribbenhall, Worcester
Fanny Wife 31 b Horton, Northampton
Ethel Lilian Dau 3 b Chelsea, Middlesex (b 1878 (freebmd) i.e. 40 when Desmond was born)
Edith Mary Dau 1 b Westminster, Middlesex
Charles Jarvis Clerson Son 0 ditto
Emma Mother 59 b Bayton, Worcester

Was she estranged from Edward?
Did she conceive Desmond whilst there?
Did she feel she had to use her maiden name when Desmond was registered?
Maybe Edward insisted his surname was not to be used?
Did she get back with Edward on the condition Desmond was put into an orphanage?

From one of the other links;
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=222405.msg6628406#msg6628406
“On his marriage his dad was Jervis Salter (deceased) in 1942”

From https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=804531.0
Reply #23 on: Sunday 02 December 18 22:01

1st Marriage;“Jervis Salter (deceased) given as father's name.”
“(I have since found that there is Jarvis Salter in his mum's line)”

Had I known, I wouldn't have suggested it.

2nd Marriage;
“Father and fathers occupation unknown”

This could be plausible (freebmd);

Death 1932
Salter Jarvis 80 Fulham 1a 449 (not far from Chelsea & Westminster)?

Annie

Hi yes thanks for your hard detective work!
I have long since known about the 'Ethel with a dad called Jarvis Salter...in Fulham' family you mention here...the problem is that I cannot conclusively connect that that Ethel is my Ethel who gives birth in 1918 to Desmond. I think the name Jarvis linked with Salter linked with Fulham is almost a certainty but I like to go on concrete evidence in my family history!

There were some links to aristocracy (which another poster found) with this Ethel's sister...doesn't sound at all like my lot?!

I'm thinking getting this Ethel's marriage cert to Frewen and possibly dad Jarvis's death certificate in Fulham might give some clue with witnesses or informants? Other than that, I'm about to embark on the DNA route...and wait for 1921 to come out...I just wish I could find my Ethel - and prove she was my Ethel on 1911...I don't think I have missed anyone's post on that line of enquiry - at least I hope I haven't! There might be a link on the 1921 between Ethel and the Pinkerton family with whom she was living in 1918...something tells me one of those sons could have been my great grandad...

There are many lines to pursue and with very limited time and funds, it's knowing which one to choose!

Many thanks for your help everyone!

Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor