Author Topic: Marriage between William Phillips & Ruth ?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline EJP1

• RootsChat Extra
  • GG Grandfather William Phillips
    • View Profile
Marriage between William Phillips & Ruth ?
« on: Friday 12 August 05 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
Can someone please help me to find an entry for the marriage of William Phillips (1846 Haverfordwest-1915) to Ruth ? (1842-1879). William was my great, great grandfather and this was his first wife. I know that their first child, Thomas, was born in Pembrokeshire c.1865. The 1871 census also shows two further children born also in Pembrokeshire, William c.1868 and Mary Jane c.1870. This is how I assume their marriage will also have taken place in Pembrokeshire c.1865. William latter moved to Glamorgan and married Emma Jane Lloyd in 1880.
Hope some one can help as this is driving me mad........ :-\
Phillips - Glais, Clydach, Caemawr, Trebanos, Pontardawe, Resolven, Landore, Neath, Haverfordwest, Colorado
Foxall - Lye, Stourbridge, Oldswinford
Jenkins - Clydach, Potardawe, Colorado
Kendrick - Smethwick

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline EJP1

• RootsChat Extra
  • GG Grandfather William Phillips
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage between William Phillips & Ruth ?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 August 05 16:44 BST (UK) »
I've now found out that Ruth's surname was Richards. She died in 1879 after returning to Pembrokeshire to tend sick parents. She herself caught the ilness and died (not yet sure what illness!). Their first child Thomas married an Elizabeth LLoyd and they had a daughter called Anne who married Reginald Walter. William and Ruth also had the following children-William 1868, Mary Jane 1870, Ann 1872 and Phoebe 1875.
Emma
Phillips - Glais, Clydach, Caemawr, Trebanos, Pontardawe, Resolven, Landore, Neath, Haverfordwest, Colorado
Foxall - Lye, Stourbridge, Oldswinford
Jenkins - Clydach, Potardawe, Colorado
Kendrick - Smethwick

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk