Author Topic: Dorney/Durney family in Tipperary  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Kay01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dorney/Durney family in Tipperary
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 19 December 18 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all the people who have responded, with so many useful links. I'm glad to announce that I received my Grandad's birth certificate in the post yesterday - and that is thanks to those who linked me to his birth registration. Details:

no. 321: March 1st 1884, Lismolin - William, Male - Father Thomas Durney, Lismolin, labourer; mother Julia Durney, formerly Croke, Lismolin.

I didn't order it, but immediately above William's birth registration is - Catherine Dorney, same date and place of birth. This is my grandad's twin sister, known to the family as Kitty.

The next job is tracing William's dad, Thomas, and mother Julia. I do have a marriage registration for them - Oct 3rd, 1871: Thomas Durney, Lismolin, labourer, married Julia Croke from Ballyvadlea. Thomas' father is David Durney, married, labourer. Julia's dad is William Croke, farmer. They were married in RC chapel of Drangan, and witnesses were Michael Dorney and Maria St John

Help very much appreciated, and thanks again for all the responses.
Dorney/Durney; Croke/Croake; Brach, Welsh/Walsh(Ireland) Sherwen; White (Cumbria & Scotland)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 19 December 18 13:46 GMT (UK) »
I don't understand why you ordered the cert when dathai had posted a link to both in the first reply ???
for reference
the births
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1884/02688/1989997.pdf

Offline Clare Sherlock

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 08 August 20 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hello Kay - I hope you don't mind me contacting you. I have just come across your thread re William Dorney. I am the grand-daughter of Kathleen Dorney, who was one of Williams daughters, sister to Sheila, Frances etc. We are trying to piece together the family history too, don't know much about the Irish side, nor the Mother Annie either.  Kathleen moved down to Irton, Cumbria, and had 5 sons. I still live in Irton, and would love to know more about this side of the family. Thank you, Clare