Author Topic: Pipet  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pipet
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 February 22 10:26 GMT (UK) »
I had another look at this one yesterday. It's hidered by not being able to visit the Registry Office at the moment as they aren't open to the public.

Everything stands as per my prevous posts except the line about James Torode marrying Mary Gendle Watts in 1946!

Assuming Reta Alice Pipet nee Torode is Alice Pipet the mother of Pauline Pipet, Alice was born in Guernsey 24th Sep 1910. She had a daughter Barbara May Pipet born 2nd Dec 1939 in St Helier (source - Occupation Registration Card). I cannot currently see a birth for Raymond Pipet.

What I have seen is the birth of twin boys Herbert and Frederick between Oct 1946 and Mar 1948 on page 72. Sadly they both died at birth and the Funeral Directors record confirms Rita Alice Pipet as the mother. They were died 18th/19th Sept 1947 and were buried in a paupers grave.

I cannot see any Pipet marriages so I'm guessing they married in Guernsey.

Stewart

Offline Aussiefresh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 February 22 08:19 GMT (UK) »
I spoke to Raymond pipet and he inform me that Reta Alice Pipet was his mother and James was his father he had a sister Barbara bron 1939, a sister Joan born around 1941,  a sister Pauline born 1943 a brother Raymond born 1945 who died as a baby, himself Ryamond as his brother has already died and the twin Herbert and frederick born and deid 1947. His sisters and him where all put in a home and pauline was the only one adopted. He has been trying to fine what happen to Pauline and was intouch with both Barbara and Joan until the both pass away last year.

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 February 22 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately, because Pauline was adopted, you aren't allowed to look at the records.