Author Topic: Disappeared from the electoral register  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Kathy001001

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Disappeared from the electoral register
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 27 December 18 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone.  I’m going to stick with Sues idea.

Majm.....seriously, I tried to do what I thought was the right thing.  Nothing more.  Your thoughts are clearly more complicated than my attempt to not offend. 

Ray, it would appear we have relations all over the world.  The one sent to me was from the Australian branch.  Much of the family is also in the UK, America, South Africa....I could go on but clearly they loved exploring.  I wanted to open the family tree up so they could all use my data and I theirs, thought it was a nice idea at the time.  My attempt to be as accurate as possible and avoid offending people was clearly too concise. 

Carol I too opted out but I can still be found via other methods.  That is why I thought she may be deceased.  It hadn’t occurred to me that she may have developed the wandering itch as someone else had suggested and now be living in another country.

Gadget....ditto

Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions.  I’m new to this and hadn’t realised how contentious my question would become.   :-\

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 27 December 18 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked the probate index which is constantly being updated in case they are no longer with us
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kathy001001

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 27 December 18 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Rosie.....I had checked but I will keep checking in case she pops up! :)