Author Topic: K Limby  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
K Limby
« on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Up to around 3 years ago I was in touch on this panel with K Limby in Sydney Australia who was a grandson of great grandson of my great Aunt Elizabeth Benstead nee Ayres of Cambridge. Her parents were James Ayres (1844-1924) and ily Cornwell (1850-1941).
I list contact with K suddenly around 3 years ago. Does anyone know what happened please?
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: lost contact
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 23:55 GMT (UK) »
It is entirely possible that your person of interest, whom you are clearly identifying in your post,  is alive.  Have you contacted our Global Moderator to check if they have updated email etc... ?

Have you tried looking up the white pages?
https://www.whitepages.com.au/residential

I can confirm that there is NO entry at Ryerson for your person of interest.  I can see they last updated as at 28 December 2018, and due to update again 4 January 2019.
http://ryersonindex.org/index.htm

JM R2M @1100

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
Re: K Limby
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 00:22 GMT (UK) »

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 00:34 GMT (UK) »
From a previous thread http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=359711.9
this is his rootschat profile https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=189667

Hi Cup,

Errr .... not sure that would be RedRoger's contact, afterall that RChatter was posted just the once, and was online for a total of 59 minutes ...  and that was back in 2012 ... and at just the one post, not sure how the PM facility would have functioned adequately ...   :) 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 00:34 GMT (UK) »
Put his name into google and you will find someone you can contact.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 04:37 GMT (UK) »
EDIT.  there was a post from another RChatter, between Jamjar's  and this one,  and so my post was in reply to that.  That RChatter's post has now been removed.  Some minor loss of  continuity has resulted.  The removed post had included a suggestion on how to communicate with a person who has only made 1 post.

So that explains why sometimes I have noticed  new members who seemingly join up, make 1 post and never return ...   

Up to around 3 years ago I was in touch on this panel with K Limby in Sydney Australia who was a grandson of great grandson of my great Aunt Elizabeth Benstead nee Ayres of Cambridge. Her parents were James Ayres (1844-1924) and ily Cornwell (1850-1941).
I list contact with K suddenly around 3 years ago. Does anyone know what happened please?

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 10:53 GMT (UK) »
I have checked that persons profile and I can see that they have turned off email notifications to that topic.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all, will now pursue accordingly.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 03 January 19 01:42 GMT (UK) »
Whitepages definitely shows a person of that surname and initial, living on the outskirts of Sydney

https://www.whitepages.com.au/residential

Will PM

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk