Author Topic: John Argue from Co. Cavan  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Rodger

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Argue from Co. Cavan
« on: Wednesday 02 January 19 20:40 GMT (UK) »
   :-\ I am looking for the parents and grand parents of John Argue born 1805-1808 in Co. Cavan possibly in the Parish of Castletara. John came to the Durham region of Ontario Canada (farmed at Solina) ,date of arrival unknown, and married Mary Stevens.Their first child Ira Richard was born in Canada in 1833 so he came before that. The names I have for his parents (with no real evidence) are James Argue 1759-1837 and Ann 1763-1840. His grand parents may have been Thomas Argue 1725-1762 and Mary Smothergill 1730-1767 and his siblings may have been James 1803-1875 and Jane 1807-?
Possible siblings for James are Margaret, Jane, Thomas and George 1755-1804 who married Mary Wilson and moved to Stittsvlle in Ontario Canada.
Thanks for looking at this
Rodger Smith

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Argue from Co. Cavan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 21:50 GMT (UK) »
You already have a thread with replies posted-

I'm trying to find info on John Argue 1808-1874 of Castleterra Cavan Ireland. I believe his father was James  (1759-June 1837) and his mother was Ann ? I'm curious about a birth record and did he have any siblings or when did he leave for Canada where he came and married Mary Stevens and lived at Solina Ontario. I have all his Canadian records.
His grandparents may have been Thomas Argue (?-1762) and Mary Smothergil (1730-1767) of Castleterra.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Rodger

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Argue from Co. Cavan
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks aghadowey

I'm sorry to be repeating my initial question. I shouldn't have done that.  :-[
I was hoping that there might be a birth record for John that has become known. The 1821 census is quite possibly his family but because I know so little about where he came from and when, I will have to accept that I may never have the proof I was hoping for. His birth year is my closest evidence that the 1821 census is his family.
Rodger