Author Topic: Henry frude/Froud marriage about 1885-1895 approx  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Henry frude/Froud marriage about 1885-1895 approx
« Reply #9 on: Friday 04 January 19 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan, I think it would help if you could clarify how a Harry Stroud fits into the family tree you are researching as maybe we could then determine which one is the appropriate one for you to follow.

For instance is he a main branch ancestor or does he marry into the family?  How did you first come across him?  A bit more info about the background might help.

Regards, Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry frude/Froud marriage about 1885-1895 approx
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 January 19 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pheno,

I have several "Froud/Frude/Froude etc" families in my tree as my g.grandmother, on my mother's side was a Froud.

No - he is not a main branch ancestor. The Henry Frude that I have is really only a twig which I was trying to fill in some details. When I came across the marriage cert. of Henry Froud to Ruth Brunsdon it lists his father as George which has given rise to my searches.

I have a CD for Compton Sts.Mary & Nicholas, from the BerksFHS and there are quite a few "Stroud" entries but nothing fits the time scale 1860-1870 when Henry was born.

On the other hand the "Harry Edward Stroud" I think is an incorrect transcription as in the Grazeley records he is listed as a "Froud" s/o George & Sarah Ann, a carpenter (source BerksFHS CD of Baptisms)

In reality, the Henry I had as the s/o Joseph seems to fit the bill in all aspects, but what is throwing a spanner in the works is his father's name of George.

Your help most appreciated.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk