Author Topic: Redpath, Lilley, Clough, Rutherford around Ancroft, Ford, Berwick, Holy Is etc  (Read 1799 times)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Redpath, Lilley, Clough, Rutherford around Ancroft, Ford, Berwick, Holy Is etc
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 02 February 19 12:14 GMT (UK) »
The marriage does not appear to be online anywhere so unless you can find someone who has already purchased it then it looks as though the only option is to get it yourself. 

Please be aware that the GRO are increasing certificate prices on 16th February
http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/news/gro-increase-certificate-costs-february

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline belfordian

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Redpath, Lilley, Clough, Rutherford around Ancroft, Ford, Berwick, Holy Is etc
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 February 19 19:33 GMT (UK) »
I have Redpath ancestry and about 1780-90 mine were living at Fowberry near Chatton, a few miles further south than yours. Send for that marriage cert now! Before price goes up on 16 Feb. I don,t know how you can resist it! A couple of free websites which can sometimes make it unnecessary to pay for certificates are the following
Www.freereg.org          Incomplete but worth trying although not for this marriage

Family Search. Go to their list of records and select England, Diocese of Durham Bishops Transcripts, a wonderful resource of copies of parish registers unfortunately not indexed but worth searching if you know the parish and year range.

Until recently there was a website for Redpath ancestry, mainly Scottish references, but sadly it is no longer maintained. There were/are so many Redpath families in North Northumberland, many of them Presbyterian so records can be patchy. Don,t forget that before mid 19c many Redpath folk would have had cross-border marriages and a record of these will not always have survived.

Re GRO certs, for births and deaths there is also option of a much cheaper PDF format with same info. Sometimes just looking in the online index will give you the info you need, such as maiden name of mother or age at death and you do not even need to send for the PDF or cert!

I will try to help with any queries you have about Redpaths in this area.

Belfordian
GLASS (Northumberland, Fife, Roxburghshire)
DOCKWREY (South Shields)
REDPATH (Northumberland, Oklahoma)
SOUTHERN, SUTHREN, SITHERN (North Northumberland)
DARLING (Carham)

Offline Duncan Lowes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 February 19 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou

Will send you a message :)

Offline Lesleyenglish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 August 23 22:47 BST (UK) »
hi there i am looking for sarah redpath/ridpath's family. she is my 4th great grandmother. she was born 1804 . dont know exactly where but i think northumberland. She died in bellshill belford in childbirth 1849. She married John English born lowick 1806. i have her death certificate but nothing before she married John. thanks

Offline emmadog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 12 August 23 17:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesleyenglish I have just come across the post regarding Sarah Redpath b 1804 in I believe, Belford. Sarah was my GGG grandmother. One of her daughters, married John Turnbull my GG grandfather. 
I’m afraid I cannot be of much help to you as I too am stuck with her.
DURHAM - Johnson
NORTHUMBERLAND - Hunter,  Pigdon, Hansen, Waddell?, Turnbull
LANCASHIRE - Crabtree
SCOTLAND - Mallachin or Mallichan or Mallaghan
NORWAY - Hansen

Offline belfordian

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 12 August 23 19:44 BST (UK) »
Re Sarah Redpath
I assume you have searched Anglican baptisms for a baptism but have you tried Non-conformist Baptisms. There were two Presbyterian churches in Belford at that time plus various others in the vicinity. At that time the majority of people in Belford were Presbyterian. There are over 100 Family Trees including Sarah on Ancestry website but no one seems to have cracked this one yet!
GLASS (Northumberland, Fife, Roxburghshire)
DOCKWREY (South Shields)
REDPATH (Northumberland, Oklahoma)
SOUTHERN, SUTHREN, SITHERN (North Northumberland)
DARLING (Carham)

Offline Silverhawk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 08 November 23 21:59 GMT (UK) »
This thread just caught my eye. I've been researching Ridpeath cousins today in the Wooler and Berwick areas, though the timeframe is more recent - 1920s onward. Any connection?
Ancestral names: Lewis, Watson, Hetherington, Barclay, Clark, Regan, Hunter, Murray, Robson, Todd, Carney, Comerford, Urwin, Rayson, White, Purves, Biggins, Wilson, Gibson, Graham, Curry, Kennedy, Greenlaw, Waldie, Armstrong, Hodgson, Harle, Wild, Monkhouse, Donald, Allen, Bowie, Cowe, Ogilvie, Barnes, Pattinson, Williamson, Hogg, Denholm, Kirkwood and Hewitt

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk