Author Topic: Surname Claney/Clanney/Clanny  (Read 1928 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Claney/Clanney/Clanny
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 January 19 20:03 GMT (UK) »
This seems to be the Ros Davies entry mentioned in above post-
Patrick CLANCY Bangor husband of Margaret who died 1832 in Belfast hospital aged 56; father of Eilenn Clancy & Earl J. Clancy from Providence , Rhode Island US
http://rosdavies.com/SURNAMES/C/ClaCli.htm

It says wife Margaret died in Belfast Hospital and 2 children were in Providence, Rhode Island but doesn't say that Patrick Clancy himself left Ireland.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Jean Price

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Claney/Clanney/Clanny
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much BallyaltikilliganG,

I really had dug myself into a hole thinking I would never find any relations of Jane Clanney. I will now look at all the Clany's with great enthusiasm.
Yes, my Jane is the one married to Peter Fawcett, who of course is also a brick wall.
And yes, my married name is Price, and Yes, you wouldn't believe it but they come from Comber, but have nothing to do with the Price's of Saintfield House. The Price's are very well documented and we are in touch with family there - some have visited us in New Zealand, and we have cousins who have returned to visit.
So now I am off to see what sort of Clany trees I can build.
Thank you very much for such an informative email.
Jean
Fawcett, Down; Gibson, Ayrshire and Tasmania; James, Cornwall and Victoria Aus; Cox, Northamptonshire, Thomas, Gloucestershire; Albury, Berkshire,