Author Topic: family History a search for a Charles Richard Davis  (Read 4126 times)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: family History a search for a Charles Richard Davis
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 31 January 19 03:11 GMT (UK) »

Minnie their sister and her child,returned to Australia aboard the Warrimoo, sailing on April 29 1911
travelled saloon and ship went to Melb and Hobart.
Someone doing research found this, but I cannot find Minnie going to N Z after child born 1905/1906

Hi Lavender Blue

*     What sort of details did the researcher you mention, actually find for Minnie and child who travelled on this April 1911 "Warrimoo" voyage ??

I simply ask because looking at the passenger list the only DAVIS people I can see are the following >>
STEERAGE :

DAVIS - male (single) aged 36 years
DAVIS - female (Mrs) - married - 34 years
DAVIS - (with Mrs DAVIS)  -  Children :  1 female under 12 years /  1 infant male.

[Note:  The Saloon passengers were listed above those in steerage - but no DAVIS in that group. ]

"Warrimoo" (had arrived at Wellington, NZ on 19 April 1911 at 3 pm.   From there it went to Lyttelton (Port of Canterbury) then to Dunedin (Otago), then on to Bluff at the bottom of South Island.  Departed Bluff 24 April - encountered bad weather on crossing to Hobart which delayed her - arrived 30 April at Melbourne. ]

~  Lu

Offline lavender blue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 01 February 19 05:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello researchers I have just got back to my Davis search, with a great surprise of what Shanreagh Lucy2,  Vivenhoe, have found me. Thank you.Yes definitely  the Davis connected to Richard and
Elizabeth nee Adams is my connection.Brother Charles Richard has been accounted for death in
New Zealand.
Appears brothers Walter Alexander and William Arthur only resided there temporary ,yes shanreagh
would be interesting to know something of their time spent there and if sister Minnie lived with them.
Please forgive me for asking so many questions on this subject, but without your help would not have
so much complied. kindest regards lavender blue.

Offline RPamatatau

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 07 February 24 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi there - I am researching Charles Richard Davies as part of a PhD on identity.  I am wondering if you have any further information on him.  I have found an obit for him. Thank you.