Author Topic: Test Post - Joseph Mason Marriage Certificates  (Read 1573 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Test Post - Joseph Mason Marriage Certificates
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 24 January 19 13:09 GMT (UK) »
We have already discounted the certificate one as it would have not been signed by the parties of the marriage.  The GRO marriage entries are not copies of the register that the couple would have signed. It is possible if the 'green' marriage certificate copy had been issued at the local registrars office and not the GRO then it may have had original signatures
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 24 January 19 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, Rosie I am not keeping up, hopefully I will get there. 

The more I look at these signatures, the more puzzled I get.  Those Ks are quite similar.  It is hard to know what to think.  At least the original is up for us all to compare and puzzle over. ???
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 24 January 19 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Bit late to this one but...

IMHO, the signatures on the 2 parish records appear to match quite well. The thing that struck me the most about the 2 signatures was the 'h' in Joseph. To my eyes, the end of the writing for it is curled inward in the same way for both. Quite an unusual writing style, I think?

The writing on the green cert was by someone else filling in the info, as has been previously mentioned somewhere, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, food for thought.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ThommoS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 25 January 19 00:35 GMT (UK) »
It's getting very hard to keep up with all these separate posts and to properly thank all the great people who have taken this on board since my humble request... but what can I say.....it really is amazing to not only see it all unfold so quickly but the information uncovered so far is incredible......wow!

I had the same thoughts with certain aspects of the signatures - I am indebted to you RTL for getting the photo of the original document and others such as Rosie99 for presenting them in such a way that we can compare....

Yes, the time differences here make it extremely difficult to follow the threads as posted so my sincere apologies if I miss one and don't acknowledge it, having the two separate posts running in parallel is awkward also but we'll get there......

Not being conversant with Forum protocols, and not wishing to upset the Moderators, could I make a suggestion if it's at all possible; that future posts on the subject be made to the original thread on the Northumberland site? - that would make it easier to follow the continuity given the time differences I have here in Australia?

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 25 January 19 09:15 GMT (UK) »
I agree that it would be better to reply now on your other post
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.

I understand that you can lock this post yourself so that no one else replies on it.  Also mark it completed
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk