Author Topic: Robertson's and Lowrie/Laurie/Lawrie's from Culsalmond, Insch and Kennethmont  (Read 3597 times)

Offline leslie48

• RootsChat Extra
  • Stalking the Dead--my favorite past-time!
    • View Profile
I'm trying to find information on the parents of a John Robertson, born in 1829 in Aberdeen.  His parents were James Robertson and Elspet Lowrie/Laurie/Lawrie.  I've found various spellings on her name, and haven't had much luck finding anything on them. 

I found James and Elspet on the 1841 census living at Williamston Cottage in Culsalmond with three of their children, Eliza, John and Mary.  Also living with them was Alexander Lowrie, age 40  and Isabella Lowrie, age 2.  I'm guessing that Alexander is the brother of Elspet, but can't find out who their parents would be.

Son, John Robertson married a JANE Robertson on 14 Dec 1854 in Insch.  All their children were born in Kennethmont, and John and Jane both died in Insch--John in 1901 and Jane in 1893.   Her parents were John Robertson and Jane Robb.  I've found a good bit on them, but am stuck on John's family. 

I'm hoping some others are researching these lines and perhaps have some additional information on them. 

Thanks from sunny (and HOT) Florida
Researching:  Auld, Innes, Hay, Robertson and Morrison from Aberdeenshire, Scotland; and Dickinson and Whittaker from Cheshire and Lancashire England