Author Topic: Jane Eland  (Read 379 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Eland
« on: Friday 25 January 19 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi! I would be grateful if anyone can help with any of the following?

I have a Jane Eland (surname sometimes spelt as Iland, Ellande etc) baptised on 31st August 1634 at Chester le Street, daughter of a Roger Elande. Jane had a sister Frances Eland baptised 16th December 1636 also at Chester le Street.

Roger Elande married Margaret Scott on November 10th 1633 at Chester le Street and i believe he was buried in 1640.

I cannot find a baptism for Roger Eland although there is a few other people with that surname at the time in Chester le Street?

Anthony Eland married Isabel Surtees on February 7th 1607 at Chester le Street however the only child i can find for them is a daughter Elizabeth Eland baptised 17th April 1608 at Chester le Street.

There is also a Henry Eland having issue: Peter and Anthony 1637, Christopher 1639 and Margaret 1641.

Philip Eland had a daughter Elizabeth 1641

If anyone can help with any of the above i would be very grateful! I think the Anthony Eland who married Isabel Surtees may be the son of another Anthony Eland (born circa 1540) who married Alice Hebburne but have been unable to make the connection.

All help gratefully received! :)