Author Topic: Can't find my French ancestors in France (Chevreau)  (Read 25376 times)

Offline valeriet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find my French ancestors in France (Chevreau)
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 14 February 19 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Joger, I've been a bit under par but will be gathering all of this information together. So amazed at what you've found :)

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 15 February 19 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Military fiche 2,3,4 :
Enrolled as a volonter on the 21 october 1889 at the town hall of Alençon (12 d Regiment of Hussars)
Was sentenced to on the 26 oct 1891 (4 months in military prison) (tried to pledge a small equipment that had been given to him for military service).
26 feb 1892: 2d Regiment of Chasseurs after having been sentenced (17 janurary 1892, how long ? ).
Missing on the call 13 june 1892, was declared deserter on the 19 june 1892.
Disobeyed the call for general mobilization in 1914. Presented himself volontarily (31 january 1917) to the Consul General of France in London who aknowledged his submission.
Landed in Le Havre 1 feb 1917, arrived in the Regiment of Chasseurs 3d feb 1917.
Was sentenced to 1 year of prison (suspended sentence) for desertion during peace time.
14 april 1918 : freed from call to be able to go to England. Freed from military service 10 dec 1918

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 15 February 19 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Marriage CHEVREAUX/MASSOT

1860 9 september Saint Martin d'Aspres.
CHEVREAUX François Léon , miller, living in Saint Martin d'Aspres , born in Le Plantis 1829 11 april, son of Jean François Marin CHEVREAUX, who died  in Le Plantis 9 april 1854 and  Marie Renée Claudine RADIGON living in Le Plantis present here and consent to the marriage.....
and MASSOT Louise Adélaïde Stélie,glove maker,living in St Martin d'Aspres where she was born  4 february 1849, daughter of Jacques Louis MASSOT, 'fendeur de bois = wood splitter) and Louise Adélaïde DESPORTES living together in St Martin d'Aspres , both present here and consenting to the marriage.

Witnesses : Frédéric JAMET father , Frédéric JAMET son,apprentice miller friend of the groom,Simon DESPORTES, grand father of the bride and Gustave BARON brother in law of the groom.
Louise Adelaide Stelie born in fact 4 feb 1841 ,4 PM in St Martin d'Aspres to Jacques  Louis Massot , wood splitter, approximately 35, and Louise Adelaide Desportes , in their house in the village Les Bourdinières.

ADDED: mistake on the middle name of the mother . She was born Louise Euphrasie (written ufrasie), not Adélaïde.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 15 February 19 10:01 GMT (UK) »
François Léon CHEVREAUX/CHEVROT married 1860 St Martin d'Aspres  Louise Adélaïde StélieMASSOT             
miller                                                                                     born 1841 St martin d'Aspres
born 1829 le Plantis , Orne                                                      died?
Died  9 feb 1871 Verneuil                                                   
                                                       CHILDREN:

Georges Gustave CHEVROT   Léon Victor Elphege CHEVREAUX             Louise AdélaÏde CHEVREAUX
born 1870 Verneuil, Orne             born 1861 St Martin d'Aspres             born 1863 St M d'Aspres
died 1930 Paris                                                                                    died St Martin d'Aspres 1863

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 15 February 19 10:21 GMT (UK) »
here

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 17 February 19 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Jean François Marin CHEVREAUX married (27 june 1820 in Le Plantis)Marie Renée Claudine RADIGOIS, he was born 22 Brumaire an 7 (12 nov 1798) Le Plantis, she was born 2 Messidor an 7 (20 june 1799)St Scolasse
he died 9 april 1854 in Le Plantis , Orne 
                                                              CHILDREN
François Léon CHEVREAUX                                               
born 1829 Le Plantis , Orne

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 17 February 19 13:24 GMT (UK) »
here

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 17 February 19 13:26 GMT (UK) »
here

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 17 February 19 13:27 GMT (UK) »
here
27 june 1820 Le Plantis , orne

Marriage of Jean François Marin CHEVREAU, farmer,21 years’old 7 months 15 days born 22 brumaire an 7 in le Plantis, living in le Plantis,son of François CHEVREAU, farmer,and Marie LEPRIEUR , father present , father and mother consenting to the marriage, and Marie Renée Claudine RADIGOIS 21 years’old 7 days living in le Plantis  born in St Scolasse 2 Messidor an 7 , daughter of the late René RADIGOIS who died in St Scolasse 16 Frimaire an 13 and of the late Marie … (I must decipher that) who died 4 may 1808 in St Scolasse.

Witnesses : Charles françois JOIGNAUX cousin of the groom,jean françois BESNARD cousin of the groom, Jacques RADIGOIS brother of the bride , Jean ? son of a cousin of the bride.