Author Topic: Mary Early in Derry in 1800's and Fitzgibbon family connection  (Read 813 times)

Offline BlondGal

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Early in Derry in 1800's and Fitzgibbon family connection
« on: Wednesday 30 January 19 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have details of a Mary Early and her 3 Sisters living in Windmill Lane Derry just off Bishop Street N. Ireland. The other sisters where Susan and Ann and Margaret unfortunately all the sisters died within a two year period from 1882 and 1884, they had two young boys living with them and their names where Patrick Joe Fitzgibbons & John Fitzgibbons both of these Fitzgibbons boys where born and baptised in Derry their Parents Where William Fitzgibbons and he married Margaret Moore married in Derry  they emigrated to USA in 1870's and had two daughters born in New Jersey Mary & Eleanor , Patrick Joe left Derry in 1883 to be united with his parents. Somehow these Early ladies we think are related to the Fitzgibbons as the Fitzgibbons grandaughter is coming in as a 2nd to 4th Cousin of my Dad. The Parents of the Early girls are Patrick & Ellen from Glenties is what we found out but the Early name connected to me is from Arranmore Island and Glenties is the Union for Arranmore Island. Would anyone know anything about this story maybe clarify that Patrick & Ellen came from Arranmore Island and did the 3 sisters have a Brother called Edward as we have found a Edward Early is on Patrick Joe Fitzgibbons  Baptism cert in Derry as a Sponsor but we can not find any other mention of this Edward or is there any other Brothers. All four sisters where Single when they died. Would any one have a death Cert for the Patrick and Ellen . I know i am clutching at straws but any help in this mystery would be fantastic. Thank you

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Early in Derry in 1800's and Fitzgibbon family connection
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 January 19 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Early, Glenties, 1901   http://www.rootschat.com/links/01nbu/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Early in Derry in 1800's and Fitzgibbon family connection
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 January 19 19:43 GMT (UK) »
C Reg Birth, Marriage and Death results for Early of Glenties from 1864 to 1899

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01nbv/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.