Author Topic: John George Henry  (Read 3096 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: John George Henry
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 02 February 19 15:02 GMT (UK) »
I’ve had a look at this it could be he could have went over first the second one I’m not sure as it looks like Miss and not like McKenzie this is our spelling of the name but once we left Scotland they have added the a not that it matters thanks again Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline minniehaha

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "To live in hearts we leave behind, Is not to die"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 02 February 19 21:30 GMT (UK) »
I’ve had a look at this it could be he could have went over first e second or sure as it looks like Miss and not like McKenzie this is our spelling of the name but once we left Scotland they have added the a not that it matters thanks again Elizabeth

Sorry, are you referring to the passenger list I put up for the 'Canterbury'?

If so, it definitely reads, Mrs. McKenzie, aged 17.

Minniehaha.

HAMMOND, Cainham/Caynham, Shropshire, U.K. Otago-NZ.
GALBRAITH, Ireland, Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Kensington-London, U.K.
GRANT, Sct., Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Vancouver, Canada.
GLASS, Aberdeenshire, Otago-NZ.
CAIRNEY/CARNEY/KEARNEY/Ireland, Airdrie, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
O'BRIEN Mary Ann, Limerick, Otago-NZ.
NICOL(L) James, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
SCOTT Thomas, Shetland, Otago-NZ.
MCHARDY/MCHARDIE Euphemia, Scotland, Otago-NZ.

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 02 February 19 22:45 GMT (UK) »
I'm sorry Minniehahah
I had not seen the last two post from you
I have the ships log thanks my husband was a fisherman and he and I worked out where little Eleanor would be buried at sea I have her death from Scotland People
I rewrote it for my story and added where she would be and also where it had a 23 month baby died I added that she was my great aunt
It was an amazing story for Isabella  from a 16 year old to when she died in 1924 back home in Sandhaven Scotland
She brought my grandfather and his two sister's back in 1891 on the ship Ormuz from Melbourne a gentleman named James Lane boarded the Ship in Sydney the two were married in 1895 and she had a daughter named Ormuz sadly to lose her in 1911 ages 15 the couple also had a son but died a bay later so out of 8 babies three survived
My Grandfather and his two sisters Minnie and Jessie I have all their birth certificates from Wellington also Adams death they are entered in findagrave .Thank you so much ones more
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 03 February 19 02:39 GMT (UK) »
I’ve had a look at this it could be he could have went over first e second or sure as it looks like Miss and not like McKenzie this is our spelling of the name but once we left Scotland they have added the a not that it matters thanks again Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth the spelling is neither here nor there as we need to remember the name was often written on shipping lists the way it was heard by the person making out the shipping list

Cheers Janette

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 07:15 GMT (UK) »
Yes Janerre as we were told when at the genealogy class was how they spoke
My family were from Scotland
Thank you for your reply
Elizabeth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Yes Janette as we were told when at the genealogy class was how they spoke
My family were from Scotland
Thank you for your reply
Elizabeth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the spelling Janette I should have it right its my daughters name too  ??? ??? ??? ??? :o :o :o :o :o :'(