Author Topic: The WW2 Gestapo 'List'?  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The WW2 Gestapo 'List'?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 February 19 10:06 GMT (UK) »
"We touched on the notorious List of people the nazi gestapo had compiled."

This is not the list you are looking for though, but I haven't seen any mentions of other lists.

Bob

Hello Bob - "you have not seen mention of any other lists" ...... So as far as you are aware there is no list surviving of GERMAN "enemies" of the State?

I would expect that my grandfather, who wrote "Konzern-Krach" and was editor of the German & Dutch versions of the financial times, would have been regarded by the Nazis as an enemy of the State, but I am finding it hard to compile a full biography for him.  :'(

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 February 19 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi mowsehouse,

" So as far as you are aware there is no list surviving of GERMAN "enemies" of the State?"

I'm sure there are lists (of all kinds), but what I should have said, was that I hadn't seen any other lists in my web-search results. Maybe someone can think of some better search terms to highlight what Steve is searching for. Even better, if anybody can come up with the "official" name for any of these lists - preferably the original german names - then I could do another search, from Germany, and see if we get lucky :)

On the other hand, Steve said it's in an appendix in a book, so ....

@ Steve,
if you do get hold of the book, please could you tell us the author and title and see if the author gives his sources for the appendix list. If the sources listed are in german, then a web search from Germany may find more details than searching from other countries.

Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 February 19 19:37 GMT (UK) »
I would expect that my grandfather, who wrote "Konzern-Krach" and was editor of the German & Dutch versions of the financial times, would have been regarded by the Nazis as an enemy of the State, but I am finding it hard to compile a full biography for him.  :'(

A bit off-topic for Steve, but ....

Mowsehouse,

In case you don't already have this ....

Did your grandfather marry Marion Palfi ?
I quick search "Konzern-Krach" found a PDF about her, mentioning that she was married to him, and another search: "erich w abraham" "marion palfi" found them in google-books
It's a book on economics but it gives some biographic details as well.  The link takes you to page 55, so go back to the beginning of the article on page 47, and sift out some biographic details here and there.

regards,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 February 19 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant find, thank you Bob.... in fact Dorothea did collaborate with me while she was researching that, though there are some details of which I was unaware.

If a list of German "enemies" could be found, the date might be rather illuminating, so I will keep my fingers crossed, and thank you again Bob.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 February 19 20:59 GMT (UK) »
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline Steve G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Maternal Great Gran ~ Polly Burge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 February 19 21:15 GMT (UK) »
@ Steve,
if you do get hold of the book, please could you tell us the author and title .....

Book itself's long since gone, Bob. Bloke I gave it to hasn't been on the WW2 forum since 2012 either, so no asking him the details  :(

I did however, having just searched like a nutter on google, find the book!  ;D

All a tad academic now though, being as how we should be getting the Gypsy list from Reading. That book, remember, just lists the politoico's.
GAITES (Alverstoke / Bath Pre 1850)
CURTIS (Portsmouth & 1800's Berkshire).
BURGE (Dorset, Somerset and Hampshire)
HUNTLEY (Dorset, Hampshire, Sussex, 'Surroundings')

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 February 19 21:15 GMT (UK) »
This is remarkable - no idea what it says, but the title "Zigeuner buch" seems to translate as "Gypsy book". 

Thank you Young Tug..... is this what you were wanting Steve?

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 08 February 19 21:40 GMT (UK) »
This is remarkable - no idea what it says, but the title "Zigeuner buch" seems to translate as "Gypsy book". 

Thank you Young Tug..... is this what you were wanting Steve?

Probably not, I just thought it would be of interest, it is mentioned here;  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ndw/
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline Steve G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Maternal Great Gran ~ Polly Burge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 February 19 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Is this what you were wanting Steve?

:o Not at all, as that deals with the First WW. But, dear god! What a shocking eye opener!

Nice one, Tuggist!
GAITES (Alverstoke / Bath Pre 1850)
CURTIS (Portsmouth & 1800's Berkshire).
BURGE (Dorset, Somerset and Hampshire)
HUNTLEY (Dorset, Hampshire, Sussex, 'Surroundings')