Author Topic: Really angry now... Family Tree Builder  (Read 1980 times)

Offline IainBell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Really angry now... Family Tree Builder
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 February 19 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cockneyrebel,
Aye, I've been looking at the '10 best' evaluations, Familyhistorian comes out top.
I was under the impression that what I was doing on heritage was building a tree, and that I didn't need anything else. Seems I do!
Oh well, back the drawing board... :)
Still no answer from heritage, 'premium' service indeed!
Iain
Bell, McRae, Granlie, Petersen (in Denmark). Seems I'm now hunting McVicars, McIntyres, Murdochs...and there's a Livingstone in there somewhere!

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Really angry now... Family Tree Builder
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 February 19 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Iain,
Most of the online sites like Ancestry/MH/FindMyPast/GR like to have your family tree on their sites but really you don't have to put it on them, you can just use their records to research your tree further; Anc and FindMyPast are good for that; MH and GR have millions of trees they say that you can compare with to find matches and then maybe relations. Family Historian program actually gets 'hints' from MH and FindMyPast so that you can go straight to the relevant tree on MH's site and records on FindMyPast's site.
Seems MH charge extra for their 'back up' service as if it's not expensive enough already! I don't bother with it, best to get your program and once your tree is on it, back it up to a portable hard drive which is what I do every time I add stuff to my tree.
If you need any help with your research, pm me.
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.