Author Topic: Elizabeth and Mary Quartermain 1741  (Read 1499 times)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth and Mary Quartermain 1741
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 February 19 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Not saying 'daughter of', or  'son of', is not an indication of an adult, as you may expect the same, for 'wife of'......for example.!

Some are BT's, while others are Parish regs, so errors will occur with BT's and PR's.

Online trees......if they are sourced, it's no problem, but best guess is.  But you already know that.

I had a problem with 4 burials occuring within 4 years of each other, all the same name, with no age or indication of adult or child.  So best guess was, died and buried, 1712 to 1716, for my adult.

Don't ya just love it, eh.  ;D

Steve.:)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline artifis

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth and Mary Quartermain 1741
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 February 19 10:00 GMT (UK) »

Don't ya just love it, eh.  ;D

Steve.:)

Yes, but isn't it bleep frustrating, especially when you're seemingly within touching distance of resolving it.   :'(

I do like seeing an image of the original record as that confirms or otherwise the transcription.  Since the Oxfordshire records have been view-able on Ancestry I've made quite a number of corrections to their records where my knowledge of the family has helped resolve a poorly written entry.