Author Topic: new beta on ancestry dna results  (Read 24230 times)

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: new beta on ancestry dna results
« Reply #189 on: Saturday 25 May 19 09:36 BST (UK) »
I've not switched to Beta yet (I'm waiting until it all calms down - I like having pages and being able to select matches by date which makes it easy to pick out the most recent, but I am missing being able to see which of the kits I have access to the matches match) but Thrulines has come up with a couple of promising matches in the past week. 

I'm waiting to hear back from the matches, and to be to sure I'd like to compare at a site with a chromosome browser.  If this Thruline stacks up then the mutual ancestors are the parents of my gtgtgtgt-grandmother who was born in Fife in the 1780s which is very exciting. 

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Saturday 25 May 19 09:48 BST (UK) »
Just to mention that you can still get the matches in a form of date order by selecting 'New Matches' using the drop down in 'All Matches'

The lack of page breaks was annoying at first but the newer options out way this - e.g being able to group matches with colour coding.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Saturday 25 May 19 09:55 BST (UK) »
Do you PROMISE it is worth it Gadget??  No pressure....

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: Saturday 25 May 19 10:01 BST (UK) »
hurworth, Why not give it a try? You can change back easily enough.

Things have settled down a lot since this thread started.

Thrulines I can do without, but New and Improved Matches is very good.

Regards Margaret

Modified
Don't forget, Beta version is to iron out problems. You won't be able to voice your opinion to ancestry soon, I would think the beta version will be brought on for everybody shortly.
M
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: Saturday 25 May 19 12:44 BST (UK) »
Do you PROMISE it is worth it Gadget??  No pressure....

Promise/cross my heart and all that. As Margaret says, you can change back and to between both versions.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: Saturday 25 May 19 23:28 BST (UK) »
Definitely worth it.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn