Author Topic: new beta on ancestry dna results  (Read 24231 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: new beta on ancestry dna results
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday 06 March 19 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Pheno, If the blue dot disappears you can always give it another colour of your choice in the 'new' view.

Also by clicking on the matches name and getting the 'old' view you can still reapply the blue dot.

This then appears in the 'new' view.

As for deleting incorrect cards - DevonCruwys has given the answer in her blog, though I hadn't noticed it until today. 
Explore Thrulines>Filter by Ancestors from linked tree. This should get rid of all the unwanted cards, it has done for me. If I want to see potential ancestors I can still do so, but generally I prefer to work things out in the traditional way by myself.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday 06 March 19 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Margaret, I hadn't thought about swapping between the two views to reinstate the blue dot - although I presume this ability will disappear when we are all on the new beta site without the option to return to the previous site.  As you say though I could have a colour for new in the new grouping system.

As to the record cards - I quite like the new ThruLines system but I would like to get rid of at least one potential ancestor for good as it is so obviously rubbish.  Although as you say I can filter out those without linked trees I am assuming that over time the number of record cards for potential ancestors will increase as new dna tests are taken and if I filter as suggested might I not miss these?

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday 06 March 19 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Pheno, It filters out direct ancestors from your linked tree, i.e. you will get no potential ancestor cards if you select 'Filter by Ancestors from your linked tree.

If you want to see just suggested potential ancestors you can do that as well. By using the filter you can separate them into two groups. These potential ancestor hints are already visible when you look at hints on someone's profile. I might look at them from time to time, but would prefer to investigate for myself!

As you say, who knows what the outcome will be after the beta phase is over, might be something different again.

Currently two things which you have to go to the old view for - making notes and viewing shared locations on the map.

Regards Margaret

Modified - You also need the old view for surnames and pedigrees
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday 06 March 19 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your help but I want more Margaret!  I want to be able to look at the record cards for potential ancestors and then investigate and decide for myself whether I think they are real potentials or not.

Where I can see that they quite clearly are not I would like to be able to delete/ignore the ThruLines record card so that they never appear in this category again.

I don't think I am able to do that currently am I?

I am only asking for the same as I can currently do with the hints that are currently offered. Where these are obviously incorrect I can get rid of them - I would like to be able to do the same with my ancestor record cards.

Will add this to my feedback.

Regards, Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline rsel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday 06 March 19 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Is anybody else got the issue that you have no thrulines at all ?   I have plenty of share hints and 4 DNA circles, but the thrulines shows nothing at all, and the filters on the new view don't even pick up my parents as being common ancestors !!!  I have tried contacting support but they haven't answered, but all is suspect is a standard off the shelf answer when they do that I need to link my tree (which has bene linked for almost a year now...)

Richard
Sellens - Sussex
Newham - Surrey
Wellington - Dagenham, Essex
Camp - South Essex
Wren - Essex
Livermore - Essex
Wane - Essex
Fisk - Essex / Suffolk
Bailey/Bayley - Sussex
Newton - Sussex
Funnell - Sussex
Streeter - Sussex
Coates - Sussex
Maisey - Surrey

Offline Alandal

• RootsChat Member
  • "We Three Hales"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday 06 March 19 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Richard,

It’s the same for us, no ThruLines are being shown, whilst we have numerous matches including known tree matches.

Al & Al
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. Surnames : Buss (Kent), D'Alton (Wimbledon), Millington (Hawarden), Hales (Kent), Mackie (Guernsey), Rabjohns (Devon), Roberts (Norfolk), Roser (Kent), Stevens (Buckinghamshire and Middlesex), Townshend (Norfolk), Weatherburn, Whiddett (Kent), Young (Kent)

Offline rsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Thursday 07 March 19 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Richard,

It’s the same for us, no ThruLines are being shown, whilst we have numerous matches including known tree matches.

Al & Al
Glad its not just me, but sad its happening.....Still waiting for support to respond to me
Sellens - Sussex
Newham - Surrey
Wellington - Dagenham, Essex
Camp - South Essex
Wren - Essex
Livermore - Essex
Wane - Essex
Fisk - Essex / Suffolk
Bailey/Bayley - Sussex
Newton - Sussex
Funnell - Sussex
Streeter - Sussex
Coates - Sussex
Maisey - Surrey

Online lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Thursday 07 March 19 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Noticed this today - the numbers have been added to the categories under the 'all matches' drop down menu.
I like it, but looking at the number of distant matches, (personally I have found it relevant to look at some of these, particularly those not far below the 20cMs), even if I only wanted to look at say 10% of the total, I can't see how I could scroll through that many.

I think we need to be able to apply multiple filters and/or divide the distant matches into smaller groups according to cM's otherwise they are 'lost'.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Thursday 07 March 19 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Just looked. It's quite useful. I thought I that one of my main paternal lines was the largest but it turns out that the largest group is one of my maternal lines. It also tells me that I have 46,887 matches - I hope they don't all want Christmas cards   :o
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***