Author Topic: new beta on ancestry dna results  (Read 24221 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: new beta on ancestry dna results
« Reply #99 on: Thursday 07 March 19 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Richard,

It’s the same for us, no ThruLines are being shown, whilst we have numerous matches including known tree matches.

Al & Al
Glad its not just me, but sad its happening.....Still waiting for support to respond to me

I've no ThruLines too, tells me to add more people to my tree, which has 1203 directline ancestors on it.  Then again I never had any circles because it is a private tree.  I suspect it is probably because I've not saved any Ancestry records to it so it hasn't been indexed.

As for the numbers on the drop down for All Matches, I've apparently got over 34k matches in total. :o  I'm sure I've not scrolled through that many since the end of January ....
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Thursday 07 March 19 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Here's the answer that I've just  received about the non-appearance of Thrulines:

Thank you for contacting Ancestry in regards to DNA ThruLines.

I can confirm for you that as this is a new feature not everyone will have this instantly. This is something that is slowly rolling out to all members over the coming weeks so you may find that if you have not got it by now you will have it soon enough. I will attach a help article below that may further explain ThruLines to yourself and how they work.

AncestryDNA® ThruLines™

If you need additional assistance, reply to this email or feel free to contact us by phone

Since I sent my query (a week ago), I decided to disable the search ability of my private tree so I wouldn't even be able to get Thrulines. They obviously hadn't checked.

::) ::) ::)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline rsel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Sunday 10 March 19 07:29 GMT (UK) »
Well I have got a response from support, and they suggested unlinking my tree and then relinking it, then leave for 48 hours....The lady who responded said if they didn't work they would raise it with the developers as she could see I had an extensive tree, and it theory it should have generated the new features, but it is in beta so its not fully working in all cases :-). So far its been 30 hours since I unlinked/relinked my tree and no show yet on the new features working

Richard
Sellens - Sussex
Newham - Surrey
Wellington - Dagenham, Essex
Camp - South Essex
Wren - Essex
Livermore - Essex
Wane - Essex
Fisk - Essex / Suffolk
Bailey/Bayley - Sussex
Newton - Sussex
Funnell - Sussex
Streeter - Sussex
Coates - Sussex
Maisey - Surrey

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Sunday 10 March 19 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Well I have got a response from support, and they suggested unlinking my tree and then relinking it, then leave for 48 hours....The lady who responded said if they didn't work they would raise it with the developers as she could see I had an extensive tree, and it theory it should have generated the new features, but it is in beta so its not fully working in all cases :-). So far its been 30 hours since I unlinked/relinked my tree and no show yet on the new features working

Richard

I added new people to my linked tree and it asn't adjusted for that yet.  About 3 days now.

Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline rsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Sunday 10 March 19 12:03 GMT (UK) »
I added new people to my linked tree and it asn't adjusted for that yet.  About 3 days now.
I have a cousin with a DNA match and a matching tree to mine, and her DNA results came in 3 weeks ago and they have never matched on the tree... Something funny is going on with the Ancestry matching/syncing process :-)
Sellens - Sussex
Newham - Surrey
Wellington - Dagenham, Essex
Camp - South Essex
Wren - Essex
Livermore - Essex
Wane - Essex
Fisk - Essex / Suffolk
Bailey/Bayley - Sussex
Newton - Sussex
Funnell - Sussex
Streeter - Sussex
Coates - Sussex
Maisey - Surrey

Offline kooky

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Monday 11 March 19 08:29 GMT (UK) »
I have not looked at my DNA on Ancestry for some time ::) When I did the other day I noticed ThruLines.
After checking them all out I have some new connections and two 4 x great grandmothers I have not seen before :o
Kooky
Clulo - Staffs.,Warwickshire, Lancs.1780 -1950
Fisher- Nafferton,Hull, Manchester.1770-1840-1950
Kane&McNeill,Forkhill, Armagh and Glasgow,Bray Dublin.1850s -1920
Boshell and Dowzard- Dublin, 1840s -1911
Kay/Bremner Edinburgh 1800 - 1841.Kay Staffs.& Lancs1842 -1901
Kay - Newcastle on Tyne 1780-1861
Swindell, Marple & Manchester 1900->
Makinson, M/c & Prestwich 1870 ->
Beacom/Jones - Enniskillen 1780 ->

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Monday 11 March 19 09:31 GMT (UK) »
I have not looked at my DNA on Ancestry for some time ::) When I did the other day I noticed ThruLines.
After checking them all out I have some new connections and two 4 x great grandmothers I have not seen before :o
Kooky

Kooky, Be careful to check them out thoroughly first.

I have recently deleted my public DNA tree and added an updated 'ancestor only' one, with details taken from my fuller private tree.

Needless to say, my DNA circles have gone, it takes a few days to sort them out. More interestingly to me, my Thrulines are now all Potential Ancestors rather than actual ancestors, some valid but a lot of whom I have rejected in my research. There again, I'm expecting it to take a few days to repopulate, but meanwhile I'm left with some wild ideas.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Monday 11 March 19 13:53 GMT (UK) »
ThruLines is very weird.  I have a bare bones ancestors only tree attached to my DNA results and my ThruLines page seems to include all of my ancestors, conveniently arranged in order working backwards in pairs.  Sort of.

One of my long-dead GGMs has a private individual as her spouse and that private individual is apparently a potential ancestor.  They are private because they are apparently still living (yes that is what Ancestry says, not an assumption on my part).  When I click through it seems that a distant rellie has that person, whom I know to have been born 1855, as still living, and rather than my GGF being the person I think they are, with a name matching my tree, they are presumably someone else who married my GGM and are still alive and kicking at the age of 163.  I hope I don't live that long.  I'm not a DNA match so hopefully I've not inherited his genes!

Similar thing with several more distant ancestors where one spouse is named and the other is private.  A couple are even genderless.  It's a wonder I'm here at all  ;D

Jane :-)
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Monday 11 March 19 14:05 GMT (UK) »
ThruLines is very weird.  I have a bare bones ancestors only tree attached to my DNA results and my ThruLines page seems to include all of my ancestors, conveniently arranged in order working backwards in pairs.  Sort of.

One of my long-dead GGMs has a private individual as her spouse and that private individual is apparently a potential ancestor.  They are private because they are apparently still living (yes that is what Ancestry says, not an assumption on my part).  When I click through it seems that a distant rellie has that person, whom I know to have been born 1855, as still living, and rather than my GGF being the person I think they are, with a name matching my tree, they are presumably someone else who married my GGM and are still alive and kicking at the age of 163.  I hope I don't live that long.  I'm not a DNA match so hopefully I've not inherited his genes!

Similar thing with several more distant ancestors where one spouse is named and the other is private.  A couple are even genderless.  It's a wonder I'm here at all  ;D

Jane :-)
The private thing in Thrulines just means that the details are taken from a private tree Jane, rather than that their tree says they are still alive ;D. Obviously that's a point of some controversy, since many weren't aware that Ancestry's terms and conditions allowed them to take private tree data and join it up to make common ancestor links.