Author Topic: Gertrude Jones/Hayes.  (Read 3749 times)

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gertrude Jones/Hayes.
« on: Saturday 16 February 19 06:52 GMT (UK) »
Dear Team, Once again i'm at your mercy! I'm STUCK once again with a problem of which i 'm hoping you can give me a direction.

A couple of years ago, you solved the family mystery of my my G-Uncle Bertram Jones. YOU discovered that he was killed on board the ship Thracia. He never got to see his only daughter born.

I found the descendants of his daughter Marguerite and all is well.
I have recently realized that his then wife Gertrude Jones nee Hayes re-married and had another family!
Many months ago I thought i had found this second marriage, but as time went gone on it appears, I  have made a mistake.

The Certificate i bought was: Gertrude Jones (M) Albert Stringer 11th Aug 1919. Liverpool. Witness: Daniel O'Neil and Lily Jones...............but it states on this certificate that Gertrude's Father is "William Jones" a Boiler Maker. Her father was Peter Hayes Engine Greaser, Merchant Service.
Initially, i believed that she had "slipped" under the radar with the false names.......but i have done a bit of research now on this, and can't find any children born to her.
I believe i know the "second marriage" children's names: xxxxxx, i can't find their births or marriages anywhere..........so think i have the wrong marriage certificate for my Gertrude Jones.

I have also checked the 1939 register, under Gertrude Jones and Stringer.....but no luck!

It is also wildly believed that Gertrude had a child prior to her marriage to my G-Uncle Bertram.....this child we believe was called xx. ( This could possibly be the xxx above)A few year ago, I received a letter from this xxxx who was then called xxxxx, she had a son called xxxxxx...........Her last known address was Liverpool. I was in contact with them, but now they are missing and i can't find them.

I have now exhausted all my efforts in trying to find these relatives, so have had to resort back to my new Marriage Certificate.
I now believe this certificate is the wrong one, can you help me to find the new marriage of Gertrude Jones nee Hayes?  If i could find this, i'm sure i could find the other children and their families.

I thank you for all your help in the past, best wishes to all you wonderful people. Cinny22

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Gertrude Jones/Hayes.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 February 19 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Link to earlier post looking for Gertrude
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=735838.0
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 February 19 09:52 GMT (UK) »
Yes rosie99,
                      as i said in my previous request, you all helped me solve this mystery of my G-Uncle Bertram.
I have now found his child's descendants, but now Bertram's wife has now re-married.........but to who?
I thought i had found and gotten the second marriage, but alas, not the right one and was hoping to find some help to getting the right second marriage.

Earlier today, I did confirm that the second marriage I THOUGHT was right to Albert Stringer is definitely  wrong.............as i found that a Gertrude Stringer re-married to James William Pynter on the 19th Jan 1930, again she confirmed that her Father was: William Jones a Boiler Maker, as in the Certificate i have.
so definitely this Gertrude Jones/Stringer is not the right marriage, or family.

Thank you for your answering. Cinny22

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 February 19 10:01 GMT (UK) »
You have to be careful that you do not post the names of people who may still be alive.
With the names you have posted, have you started with Free BMD?  https://www.freebmd.org.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 February 19 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Yes, i have been through B.M.D and many other sites. I would not come to you unless i have exhausted all my avenues.
It's hard to find a new marriage when the person has been married before, as there are so many persons with the same name and with no parents exposed or named...............

Are we able to expunge the names that i have posted?

You all, are my "life line"

Best wishes, Cinny22

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 February 19 10:15 GMT (UK) »
two Medals were awarded for Bertram and given to his widow Mrs. G. Jones 48 Powis St, Liverpool on the 19th of Dec 1923.

Peter + Margaret Hayes listed at that address on the electoral registers.
A later address for Gertrude - 52(?) Berkley Street
So far only found Cluness there, and not Gertrude

That other address is from a (very) quick glimpse I got of her Mercantile Marine Index Card in the new WW1 pension records, she being the widow of Bertram of the Thracia, and with one child. The 48 Powis address was crossed out. Says PTO.
If there's more on the other side of the card, only a Fold3 member could get hold of it

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 16 February 19 10:24 GMT (UK) »
I was talking about the other names. I think you may have a wrong spelling for the first name in your post.
You may have a last known address.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 16 February 19 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Yes i have the Award card and it says 48 Powis street. You say that there is a Peter and Margaret at this address............Gertrude's father was a Peter, but then again, i believe she also had a brother called Peter...........Margaret?????

If your talking about the person who contacted me and who had the son, yes i do have their last mail address, but i have sent mail to this address and ran "ad's" in the Liverpool papers, but got no reply.

But i feel if i can find Gertrude's new married name, i think, i could find her children birth, then their marriages and then their families......which is my objective, but it's just "finding" the new marriage!

Cinny 22

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 16 February 19 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Yes rosie99,
                      as i said in my previous request, you all helped me solve this mystery of my G-Uncle Bertram.
I have now found his child's descendants, but now Bertram's wife has now re-married.........but to who?

I linked to your earlier post where you were looking for Gertrudes marriage (not your post about Bertram) so that others could see what had already been discussed  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk