Author Topic: Colhouns of Donegal  (Read 6409 times)

Offline ShivMcKee

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Colhouns of Donegal
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 09 October 22 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hello there, just stumbled across your post whilst trying to find out a little about the history of our house. I live in Brockstown House at Brockstown Upper, Carnowen. Be interested to see if there is any connection with your family. The house was built about the turn of the century by a family called Watts. I wonder if there was an earlier settlement in the same place where the Colhouns lived?

Offline hotelmedicis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello there, just stumbled across your post whilst trying to find out a little about the history of our house. I live in Brockstown House at Brockstown Upper, Carnowen. Be interested to see if there is any connection with your family. The house was built about the turn of the century by a family called Watts. I wonder if there was an earlier settlement in the same place where the Colhouns lived?

My grandmother was born in Brockstown Lower (I believe) in Carnowen. Could you send me an email at 2445940 [at] gmail.com ? It would be great to be in touch. I have an old map of the area.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 12:09 GMT (UK) »

I live in Brockstown House at Brockstown Upper, Carnowen.

My grandmother was born in Brockstown Lower (I believe) in Carnowen. .......  I have an old map of the area.

OSi National Townland and Historical Map Viewer.
MapGenie 25 Inch [1887-1913] in Basemap Gallery.

https://arcg.is/1GPTzL

https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/5553238#map=14/54.8310/-7.6281

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo